Singers that sound like girls (even though they're not)

DukeOfBoom

• Members

You know they're out there, hiding in corners, lurking in hallways...male singers who sound like girls!!!!!!!!!!! You hear a song on the radio...the singer starts singing...you ask yourself, "is this a girl or a guy?"

[video=youtube;VUBQLnEGHNk]

[video=youtube;uwXjnVICb3I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwXjnVICb3I

[video=youtube;OFt3OqmGSbI]

And John Benussi deserves a spot on this list for whining like a little girl too.

• Members

Love Nick Gilder, heck I just tracked up a cover version of it, wish I could sing like him though, I can hit the notes but I'm all nasally and sound like a strangled cat. Any tips on that? I've struggled with that for as long as I've tried to sing, To me it sounds fine, when I record something and play it back YIKES! Funny thing though, if I go into a full on falsetto thing, I can do a half decent rendition of Prince's "kiss" or even the BG's stuff. I'm pretty sure I close off my throat when singing, if I do lower country sounding stuff I'm better as well. Although when I'm down around say open A on guitar in my head or my perception its so low I can't even really hear myself, my ears kind of plug up like if your on an airplane. But record it and it sounds pretty bright (sibillance?) sounding and more or less on key just weak. Its just so hard to break the perception of what I hear as to what I really sound like.

• Members

Like Chris Colfer in Glee - that guy has an outstanding set of pipes. Although his range is definitely typically a female range, you cannot deny that voice it's dues. And he seems to do it with such ease! I would love to duet with him - even if I would have to be the male couonterpart! Haha!

Archived