How does one sing Ac/dc?

DukeOfBoom

• Members

I honestly think the dude's just screaming. I agree with the above post...it prob sounds so gnarly from all the nodes the dude probably has.

I've seen a couple AC/DC tribute bands though, and the singers are spot on. You can get the same effect in headvoice and adding some distortion on top of it.

• Members

what the hell are these "nodes"?

A node is a callus on your vocal cord. They used to claim you had to have an operation to remove them, but with proper training they can be eliminated without surgery.

Brian Vollmer from the Metal band Helix got them, and he began training in Bel Canto, and his were eliminated in under a year via voice training. (and if anybody lives in Ontario - he teaches Bel Canto professionally, btw.)

He was trained by Edward Johnson of the New York Metropolitan Opera.

http://www.brianvollmer.com/

• Members

Not in the nodes, the guy can sing clean. Different from song to song, but mostly headvoice and reinforced falsetto in the higher range. Added grit/distortion.

Bajazz,

You have got to be kidding!?!?!?! Brian Johnson can't even SPEAK cleanly. I was told by an ENT/Laryngologist that anyone who speaks with a gravelly voice has malformed vocal cords due to injury, a birth defect, excessive smoking, or something along those lines. It is caused by the vocal cords not aligning correctly.

Archived