Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by Sangemon
    View Post

I am not happy...

That statement started a fight this morning.

I was in a huge hurry and on my way to work, and I rear-ended a car at a stop light.

The driver of the car got out, and I noticed that he was a dwarf. He studied the damage on his bumper, and walked towards me as I rolled down my window.

He said, "I am not happy"...

To which I replied, "Well..... which one are you then?"
    Proud reject from the HCAG Civil Posters Society, Martin snob, vitriolic sociopath, and tantrumist

Comment

No! You did not! LOL.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">Be back when I get back. TTFN.</div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by FretFiend.
        View Post

I was in a huge hurry and on my way to work, and I rear-ended a car at a stop light.

The driver of the car got out, and I noticed that he was a dwarf. He studied the damage on his bumper, and walked towards me as I rolled down my window.

God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by FretFiend.
          View Post

That is Funny!
          <div class="signaturecontainer">Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr. Seuss<br />
          -------------------------------<br />
          Guild GAD JF-30<br />
          Guild D212 12 Westerly,RI 1981<br />
          Lyle Hummingbird<br />
          Holloway Harp Guitar<br />
          Lyle ES335 <br />
          HCAG Civil Posters Society #10<br />
          My Music: <a href="http://www.reverbnation.com/bobstarr" target="_blank">http://www.reverbnation.com/bobstarr</a></div>

Comment

He was probably grumpy.
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br><br>Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 Yamaha<br><br>A fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox &quot;Big Ben&quot; wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.</font></div>

Comment

So, after he kicked your ass, what then?
              <div class="signaturecontainer">Jack<br><br><br><br>196 9 Martin D12-20 12-string<br><br>1984 Martin HD-28</div>

Comment

Pretty sure FF concocted this story to set us all up. Good job. I got a chuckle out of it.
                <div class="signaturecontainer">Be back when I get back. TTFN.</div>

Comment

Pretty sure FF concocted this story to set us all up. Good job. I got a chuckle out of it.

Are you actually implying that FF is "wrong and a liar"?? NO WAY!! He wouldn't do that......................would he? oke:
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br><br>Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 Yamaha<br><br>A fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox &quot;Big Ben&quot; wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.</font></div>

Comment

Fret Fiend's "story" is an old comedy bit...possibly originated by Henny Goodman, but it may even date back to Vaudeville days.

So, essentially, FF was doing a classic "cover", not an "original", to put it in musician terms.

And a pretty funny one, at that. :thu:
                    God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

This is sort of OT from the original topic of the thread and I know, I know, don't feed the trolls and all that. But I found this interesting, somewhat relevant, and current:

http://gawker.com/5950981/unmasking-reddits-violentacrez-the-biggest-troll-on-the-web

EDIT: and just to preempt it getting to this point - I don't mean to compare anyone to this guy. Just thought it was an interesting look into the personality of a much more controversial troll.
                      I should be practicing.

Comment

Fret Fiend's "story" is an old comedy bit...possibly originated by Henny Goodman, but it may even date back to Vaudeville days.

So, essentially, FF was doing a classic "cover", not an "original", to put it in musician terms.

And a pretty funny one, at that. :thu:

Terry, don't you mean Henny Youngman?

Comment

Terry, don't you mean Henny Youngman?

Nah, Henny Youngman was a hack. Henny Goodman was a frickin' genius. :lol:

Comment

This is sort of OT from the original topic of the thread and I know, I know, don't feed the trolls and all that. But I found this interesting, somewhat relevant, and current:

http://gawker.com/5950981/unmasking-reddits-violentacrez-the-biggest-troll-on-the-web

EDIT: and just to preempt it getting to this point - I don't mean to compare anyone to this guy. Just thought it was an interesting look into the personality of a much more controversial troll.

Remember this?

That may've been true then. Nowadays, everyone knows you're a dog. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                            X