No announcement yet.

Martin 000 MMV

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin 000 MMV

It was time for me to get a new guitar, what with the new day job and all. Been playing for over 45 years and have never had a new guitar.

So in the last two days I went to two Guitar Centers and the local music store and played everything in the $1500 to $5000 range......eveything. In fact, I played this 000 MMV immediately after putting down a $5,000 D28 Madagascar.

I was floored by the tight low end and the liveliness of the mid to upper range. I had to buy it.....it just felt so good in my hands. $1500.00

Now I'm trying to find out more about it. Seems like these guitars were made as a limited edition just for Guitar Center. Anybody know more?

Leonard Scaper

Well Dang, Leonard. I'd say you were due for a new guitar if you've been playing for 45 years and never had a brand new one before.

I've played the MMV Dreadnought version and I happen to believe it's one of Martin's biggest bangs for the buck guitar. It's kind of a bare bones version of a D-28 with a mortise and tenon neck joint instead of dove tail. Nevertheless, a damned fine guitar in its own right at a very affordable price. I've come so close to buying one on several different occasions it ain't funny. It also comes in an HD-MMV version that sports herring bone trim. Yes, it costs more.....about $150 more. Worth it?........

They call it the MMV because it first came out in 2005...MMV = Roman numeral 2005.

I've read a couple of rumors lately that the MMV won't be in production much longer. Also read a rumor that Guitar Center put out a recent flyer offering the MMV for $1399.00. Don't know if there's any truth to either.....like I said......it's a rumor.

Congratulations on your purchase of one very nice guitar. Play it in good health.
    Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 YamahaA fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox "Big Ben" wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.

Comment

Leonard Scaper

Comment

Put up some pics, Leonard Scaper, sounds sweet (love 000 Martins)!

Plus, no pic, no goat!
        God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

I'll try to get some pics up tonight.......if this darned site stays stable long enough. And if I can put the guitar down for long enough.

Seriously amazing instrument.
          Leonard Scaper

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardScaper
            View Post

I'll try to get some pics up tonight.......if this darned site stays stable long enough. And if I can put the guitar down for long enough.

Seriously amazing instrument.

Cool.

Comment

Just a few pics.....

Oh....and a short raw sound clip.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12082364
              Leonard Scaper

Comment

Congratulations and Happy New Guitar Day.
                Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                Member of the Schecter Society
                Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Leonard Scaper

Comment

Congrats on the new Martin !!!

I played the Dred MMV a couple of weeks ago and was pretty impressed. The pictures of yours look great .....

Paul

Comment

Ya dun good. A great guitar and a sparkling price too.
                      Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

Comment

Thanks, friends.

Up early here on the first day of the new year and went for a nice long run in the first light. Since then I've been here in the studio playing this guitar....fingers are actually getting a little sore and that hasn't happened for years.

Need to wear out those phosphor bronze strings he put on so I can slap a set of 80/20 bronze on this afternoon and wind 'em down properly.
                        Leonard Scaper

Comment

Comment

Leonard Scaper

Comment

I'm fightin off the urge to get the MMV-000. I can't get confirmation from anyone whether it is short scale or 25 1/2".

Do you have a tape measure?
                              Good Day. I said Good Day!

Comment

Working...
                              X