No announcement yet.

My Guitar Center stolen guitar nightmare story

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by njguitarist View Post

Steve, I totally agree with everything you are saying. If you go back and re-read my original post you will see I was suspicious from the beginning...

(from my original post)...

~~'For their story to be true, the thief had to have hacked into my email account and prepared a fake ID and gone to Guitar Center to get the guitar in the span of about 3 hours. This seems preposterous to me, especially since I have never before and never since had any issues with identity theft and I'm very careful with my private information. A more likely explanation is that at least one of the employees had one of their buddies come to pick up the guitar. This particular Guitar Center conveniently does not have security cameras. I did not know there were no cameras, but obviously an employee would know this.'

It is very hard to believe That's why I posted the story - I thought others would find it interesting. Thanks for the interest and support.
    Yep. And NJ I certainly didn't mean any offense to you, I hope you took none. Dave suggests that I was unreasonable..and heck....I probably was...this is the internet. HAHA?

I'm a little bit of a down n dirty...meaning I have to throw all kinds of crap around to arrive at truth and facts. Dave looks like he can zero right in. Again....I mean no offense by it.

I also have/or am (among many other things) obsessive compulsive...lose ends bother me to no end. Things need resolved or I go nuts, lol. I'm not sure there is resolution for you here...it may be best to shake it off and be glad y0ou have your money. I certainly must have overlooked many things in your OP...or conveniently cast them aside.

Keep us posted and let us know when you actually have your next new guitar IN YOUR HANDS!

Comment

Just a point. Can I have a non sunburst one next time?
      “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching”
      Gerard Way

Comment

"Because I've seen music stores sell spoken for gear out from under people at least more than a few times" In fact, I've had people at music stores try to sell me stuff that say "HOLD" on them with a deposit amount listed right on the ticket. I usually refuse, and mentally remind myself to never trust them again.

I'm almost certain Dave's scenario is what happened - and echo his opinion that an awful lot of music store employees feel entitled to 'make a deal' on any gear that comes in. GC is worse, because they tend to treat employees so poorly, so they see this as a 'perq' that they are receiving in lieu of decent treatment.

I am "0 fer 6" on things on their "list" sales, and yes, I've been first in line and used the right list, etc. Always "a mistake, we don't have that in stock" or "that was already sold." Really? At 9:10 on a Friday morning, eh? With an empty parking lot?

Guitar Centers are like tofu - they rapidly take on the personality of the people working there, sometimes even on a shift-by-shift basis. Which is sad, as there are some great people working there, and some really nasty gross people.

To the OP, I'd suggest sending a demand letter to their HQ seeking the guitar you sought at that price, as well as some token amount of penalty (e.g., $250 for your time and stress). They legally will have to respond (or else you can get summary judgement in small claims court very easily) and trust me, that will definitely make it to a person in management who can make those antics stop right away. You might even feel better.
        https://soundcloud.com/danhedonia

Comment

Curious of NJ (OP) got his guitar...or if he found a new one?

Comment

I imagine that no many how many procedures they have in place, one store won't be following them to the letter and some employee who's intimately familiar with those procedures will figure out a way to get around them.

Comment

Did you phone your credit card company and report this and have them send you a new card?

Comment

Working...
              X