Does anyone know what the Crook Telecasters go for?

TheKinks

• Members

Probably too much for a flatter radius and bigger frets. And because Brad is selling a {censored}load of music some might pay alot for them. Don't get me wrong Brad is one bad Mofo on his crook(s).But what is the guitar really? a tele

You can also buy a Fender Tele for quite a bit more than $2800. Compared with Fender Custom Shop Prices, which are an instrument of comparable quality, the Crook is right in line.

• Members

You know he makes other Teles beside Paisely's... The Butterscotch Flavor Tele is realy Sweet...... I think he will relic also for about $400 extra ....

So realy between the $2000 - 3000 range you are getting a great custom... Agreed a CS Fender in that range may be somthing like a 51 Nocaster etc which is awsome also......

• Members

No that was modded by the previous owner... it had a Charlie Christian pickup in there originally if memory serves.

As for the double TV jones config, I got that covered
:D

mini-DSC08943.JPG

The Melancon is killing me :love:

It's such a cool fusion of different styled guitars.

I need to get a Collings I35 first though.

• Members

The thing is, you don't get a Crook for the same reason that you would get a Fender CS. It's usually a different target demographics as they said in my hi-fallutin' economics class
:D

What exactly are you paying for? Is it the paintjob or the expert assembly or what? Maybe it's different now, but I am pretty sure that he oders the necks and bodies. They may have somethng special about the profile.

Is it the fit and finish or the options, or just cool to have a Crook?

• Members

I do'nt care about the cool part. I had cool guitars that I sold,and "pedestrian" ones that I still have.

The finish is superb, and so is the fit. The accessories are always first class. The attention to detail is spectacular. The fret jobs are perfect. And it's built to your specs, using a finish that just about nobody knows how to do except for Bill and a couple of people at Fender...

• Members

And it's built to your specs, using a finish that just about nobody knows how to do except for Bill and a couple of people at Fender...

The paisley part is the finish you are talking about?

"built to your specs?" Does that mean that a used one isn't that great because it was built to someone else's specs?

I don't mean to be {censored}ty. I am just getting the poop.

Archived