Flying V

RUExp?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is my Limited edition Gibson Flying V that i customized with: Changing the truss rod cover, pickguard and input jack cover from all white to black/white/black. I put in Amber switch tip, all new black knobs and a set of Gibson 57 classics. Last but not least a set of shaller straplocks:thu:

img0045editedwj1.jpg

• Members

Just yesterday I returned this.

DSC01814.jpg

and ordered this

flyingvguitarofmonth003.jpg

I wasn't getting tones out of the Faded V that I needed. Nice fat crunchy tone, but I couldn't get it to sing the blues for me. Maybe just me, but after trying it out for a week, I sent it back. But I have to admit, it felt pretty comfy, even sitting down JJ. It should arrive back at www.wwbw.com by Friday if someone's looking for a deal. It was sold to me for $449 + tax, and there was nothing wrong with it, i.e no blems or particularly sharp frets, etc.

My original inclination was to go with the Epi Korina V, I think that actually would be more to my liking, but this 50th Anniversary model got me GAS'n.

• Members

i dont suppose anyone has anything nice to say about the epiphones have they?

BootsRoots is proudly picturing one above as is JJ.

I've long wanted to add one to my collection. I have the Epi Korina Explorer and I really like its tone. The limba wood is quite resonant and the pickups have a nice vintage warm deep tone to them. Not crunchy, but more bluesy.

• Members

Just yesterday I returned this.

[

I wasn't getting tones out of the Faded V that I needed. Nice fat crunchy tone, but I couldn't get it to sing the blues for me. Maybe just me, but after trying it out for a week, I sent it back. But I have to admit, it felt pretty comfy, even sitting down JJ. It should arrive back at
www.wwbw.com
by Friday if someone's looking for a deal. It was sold to me for $449 + tax, and there was nothing wrong with it, i.e no blems or particularly sharp frets, etc.

My original inclination was to go with the Epi Korina V, I think that actually would be more to my liking, but this 50th Anniversary model got me GAS'n.

Damn. I livew/in driving distance of wwbw. Do ya think they'll put it back up as new? Was it made in '07 or '08?

• Members

Damn. I livew/in driving distance of wwbw. Do ya think they'll put it back up as new? Was it made in '07 or '08?

Ya know, I never thought to look on the S/N to figure out the date. But since they were doing a clearance, it'd be a safe bet that it was an '07. Not a bad guitar, it just wasn't me and I have plenty of guitars that can get a good crunch. I was tempted to hang onto it cuz it's hard to find Gibsons for $449. ;)

You might want to give them a call and tell them it's on its way.

Tomorrow if you like I could give you the Fed Ex tracking number so you can watch it arrive back at Woodwind and Brasswind - South Bend IN

I treated it with care, even wiped the strings down after each play with a Fast Fret. It needed a slight truss rod tightening to reduce the neck relief and get the action lower. I gave it a couple short turns and then the action was dialed in pretty nice without even touching the bridge. So it's now in better playing condition than when I received it.

• Members

That would be great! I already emailed them that I wanted to know if they got any faded V;s in stock;)

How was the fretboard at the point where it meets the neck wood?

I've played some w/a definate ridge. How'd this one feel?

I'll try to call 'em and snatch it up.

Thanks!

Archived