Anyone else collect the old Catalog guitars ??

Kerry67

• Members

Anyone else collect the old Catalog guitars (Kay, Harmony, Silvertone, Supro, etc...)?? Let's see some pics of yours. Here are a couple of mine, I'll post more tonight from home. Some of them play great, some not so much. The on pictured without strings is an Orpheum from the early 50's. Got the bridge for it now, just getting it back up to playing status. I'll post more pics tonight or tomorrow.

• Members

Cool. I am picking up a Kay from the 40's this weekend. It is amazing how much stuff is out there. What else is amazing is how much these things go for now. But deals are still out there. The Orpheum pictured was found at a garage sale for $8. It has vintage Gretsch knobs, and check out the P90 like pickups......It was missing the bridge and the nut, the rest of it is in decent shape. Even has a cool patina but it is in suprisingly good shape.

• Members

My very first guitar was a cherry red KAY-built "Truetone" single pickup electric that I bought at our local Western Auto hardware store... I bought the Danelectro-built 5 watt "Truetone" tube amp to go with it. I've been looking for one in good shape for several years, but haven't found "the one" yet... I'll keep looking!

My second guitar was an alpine white two pickup Alamo Fiesta electric, which I still have. I believe they were also available through some catalogs (I got mine used). It's an excellent slide guitar - great bluesy tone!

:cool:

• Members

Anyone else collect the old Catalog guitars (Kay, Harmony, Silvertone, Supro, etc...)??

yep i do if old catalogue guitars also is a discription for old cheapo's like hondo, musima, EKO, egmond etc.

this is my latest guy.

a hondo strat model with floralpattern scratchplate and goldfoil pickups,

hondoEGmercy2.jpg

paid 30 euro for it ( 45 us $), and it's except the knobs near deadmint and original

if you want more check out my site, http://www.wietsesguitars.nl .

my collection now reached the 70 guitars point.

Archived