No announcement yet.

GC King of Blues Winner - Randy Scott

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC King of Blues Winner - Randy Scott

I just saw the video of his winning performance...

HE is good, but I have seen better in my local competition... more jazzy than bluesy....

What do you think???

Omar
    Originally Posted by VÃ****ctor

..Si te separas, espero que no, avÃ****same podÃ****amos vivir juntos, eso si, sin mariconeo...

Originally Posted by artiem

The truest indicator of one's character is how he acts when there are no consequences.

SPAM: FT/FS

Don't care for that at all. Kudos to him for winning, though.

Comment

My friend Kirby Kelley won last year. He got to play at the Crossroads fest in Chicago.

Oh I think he sounds damn good! Sounds bluesy to me, just because he isn`t a SRV clone.. Sounds more like T-bone/Gatemouth Brown/Jump Blues to me, but very good! If you don`t think he deserved it you can always win it next year!

Comment

What was the prize?
        Since Dylan went electric, man things just ain't been the same; now DJs are making records, could you please just be ashamed? -- Two Cow Garage

Yes, I can actually play: Falstaff

Comment

http://gc.guitarcenter.com/kingoftheblues/prizes/

Comment

What was the prize?

A few guitars, including a Gibson 335, eggnater amps, effects, sponsors, and $25K

not bad...

..Si te separas, espero que no, avÃ****same podÃ****amos vivir juntos, eso si, sin mariconeo...

The truest indicator of one's character is how he acts when there are no consequences.

Comment

I heard a lot of technique, but I didn't hear any pain.

Comment

I heard a lot of technique, but I didn't hear any pain.

That about sums it up for me. Contrary to a previous post, I'm, personally, not looking for an SRV clone--or a clone anything. I want to hear something original in regard to, for example, how a lick is played--and I want some emotion, some pain.

Comment

Meh!

Comment

My friend Kirby Kelley won last year. He got to play at the Crossroads fest in Chicago.

Oh I think he sounds damn good! Sounds bluesy to me, just because he isn`t a SRV clone.. Sounds more like T-bone/Gatemouth Brown/Jump Blues to me, but very good! If you don`t think he deserved it you can always win it next year!

like I said in my op, I think he is VERY good! but like it has been said already, no pain... and blues is about that "pain"

and I saw a local guy that played like that, very jazzy, and he did not make it to the district finals...

I can't play that good, but I would have expected more blues than jazz of the winner.... imho.

Omar

Comment

That about sums it up for me. Contrary to a previous post, I'm, personally, not looking for an SRV clone--or a clone anything. I want to hear something original in regard to, for example, how a lick is played--and I want some emotion, some pain.

Well, this tune is pretty up beat, how would you put pain on this?
                      Proud member of the Jet Setters.
                      Visit the Jet City Lounge

Comment

Well, this tune is pretty up beat, how would you put pain on this?

Although I am not looking for him to be a SRV clone, the "pain" SRV reflects in his playing is what I am talking about, even in upbeat songs... (solo starts at 2:15)

again, imho.

Omar

Comment

Sounded like blues to me.
                          Guitars:
                          2009 Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul Custom (Silverburst)
                          2009 Xaviere XV-870- Seaform Green
                          2004 Squier Standard Stratocaster- Antique Burst
                          2007 Ibanez SGT110NT Acoustic - Natural
                          19?? Multivox- PREMIER R267 Acoustic

Member of:
                          The Epiphone Empire
                          The X-Men
                          The Squier Army

Good Trader:
                          Lewser

If you don't know the blues... there's no point in picking up the guitar and playing rock and roll or any other form of popular music.
                          Keith Richards

Comment

I liked his acoustic playing much more than electric. Good for him though all around.
                            Yamaha FGX720SCA
                            Fender Stratocaster
                            Mesa Express 5:25
                            Roland Micro Cube
                            Bikers and Bands
                            For entertainment purposes only.

Comment

Where are you guys coming up with jazz.He's actually kind of sloppy would have expected more.
                              www.mpdacrylics.com

www.bazoogle.com

Comment

Working...
                              X