HNGD - SX Furrian w/Strat Trem - "Stelly"

vintage clubber

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

do you mean make a 3 saddle base plate for the trem?
:confused:

The wilkinson I have on order has the traditional steel strat type saddles on it.

No, I would probably take a three saddle tele bridge, make 6 barrel saddles for it, cut it short and use it for a plate. It would just be fun to do is all I'm saying.

• Members

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FENDER-ORIGINAL-MEXICAN-STANDARD-STRAT-TREMOLO-BRIDGE-/370487431593?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item5642c591a9#ht_1915wt_1169

I love these things as replacement parts. They're great flush or floated, they have a nice big block, and it's not so grossly oversized, which is a good thing with thinner guitars like the Chinese Squier I was fixing up. Plus they say Fender on the saddles, which is cute.

• Members

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FENDER-ORIGINAL-MEXICAN-STANDARD-STRAT-TREMOLO-BRIDGE-/370487431593?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item5642c591a9#ht_1915wt_1169

I love these things as replacement parts. They're great flush or floated, they have a nice big block, and it's not so grossly oversized, which is a good thing with thinner guitars like the Chinese Squier I was fixing up. Plus they say Fender on the saddles, which is cute.

nice trem for the price, but it does not appear to have a steel block. The Wilkinson 5 + 1's I get have a steel block and the mounting screw holes are elongated to accomodate most predrilled bodies with no further alteration to the body. ;)

• Members

couldn't you swap out six barrel saddles for the existing strat type saddles? :poke:

The 6 barrel probably wouldn't work 'cause they're off-set but you could drill 3 new holes between the E/A D/G B/e and use the 3 barrel. That might look cool. :)

Pic's if you do.:cop:

• Members

The 6 barrel probably wouldn't work 'cause they're off-set but you could drill 3 new holes between the E/A D/G B/e and use the 3 barrel. That might look cool.
:)

VC - but some bar stock, get out the tap and die and make it happen! I know you want to try:)

Archived