Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD But Should I send it back?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse







X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    For what those cost send it back. satisfaction guaranteed.

    Comment


    • #32






      Quote Originally Posted by jpnyc
      View Post

      The bridge is probably covered under warranty and could be replaced by a Gibson service center.




      ^^^this.



      I hope to someday have a new ES-335. ... seeing that I am a 1963, a 63 ri would be ****************in-A.



      Congrars and good luck
      Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
      1st generation Irish

      Comment


      • #33






        Quote Originally Posted by jpnyc
        View Post

        The bridge is probably covered under warranty and could be replaced by a Gibson service center.




        ^^^this.



        I hope to someday have a new ES-335. ... seeing that I am a 1963, a 63 ri would be ****************in-A.



        Congrars and good luck
        Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
        1st generation Irish

        Comment


        • #34






          Quote Originally Posted by koiwoi
          View Post

          I can't believe some people think that's no big deal and that you're nit-picking. For the prices they charge this sort of thing should never happen. If you ever decide to sell it, the first thing a prospective buyer would point out is that the guitar is a second and want you to knock 30% off the price. I hope the truss-rod wasn't installed by the same person. Get them to replace it AND give you a refund for trying to pass crap off as A-grade.




          That was my original point. If it's just the bridge and it were me, I'd have them send me a new bridge. But the OP still hasn't addressed his concerns re.the finish flaw on the back...We're talking about a $5,000+ guitar here...
          .<p><img border="0" align="center" alt="blown away gif" src="/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/6289iEEAF33ECECD246E7/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&amp;px=-1" title="blown away gif"></p>

          Comment


          • #35






            Quote Originally Posted by koiwoi
            View Post

            I can't believe some people think that's no big deal and that you're nit-picking. For the prices they charge this sort of thing should never happen. If you ever decide to sell it, the first thing a prospective buyer would point out is that the guitar is a second and want you to knock 30% off the price. I hope the truss-rod wasn't installed by the same person. Get them to replace it AND give you a refund for trying to pass crap off as A-grade.




            That was my original point. If it's just the bridge and it were me, I'd have them send me a new bridge. But the OP still hasn't addressed his concerns re.the finish flaw on the back...We're talking about a $5,000+ guitar here...
            .<p><img border="0" align="center" alt="blown away gif" src="/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/6289iEEAF33ECECD246E7/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&amp;px=-1" title="blown away gif"></p>

            Comment


            • #36






              Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl
              View Post

              Unless you absolutely LOVE it, send it back...That's a damn expensive guitar to be unhappy with and if someone comes along and says you're nitpicking, they've obviously never spent in excess of $2000 on a guitar.




              Yes, a guitar at this price should be perfect. But don't let non-meaningful imperfections ruin an otherwise great guitar. Would you really want to exchange a great guitar with a few small cosmetic issues for a cosmetically perfect example that's a dog?



              I actually recently custom ordered a pretty expensive guitar that came with a minor finish flaw. But it is a killer guitar. So it wasn't even a question whether I would keep it or not.
              <div class="signaturecontainer">K-Line Truxton, Heritage H535, G&amp;L Legacy</div>

              Comment


              • #37






                Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl
                View Post

                Unless you absolutely LOVE it, send it back...That's a damn expensive guitar to be unhappy with and if someone comes along and says you're nitpicking, they've obviously never spent in excess of $2000 on a guitar.




                Yes, a guitar at this price should be perfect. But don't let non-meaningful imperfections ruin an otherwise great guitar. Would you really want to exchange a great guitar with a few small cosmetic issues for a cosmetically perfect example that's a dog?



                I actually recently custom ordered a pretty expensive guitar that came with a minor finish flaw. But it is a killer guitar. So it wasn't even a question whether I would keep it or not.
                <div class="signaturecontainer">K-Line Truxton, Heritage H535, G&amp;L Legacy</div>

                Comment


                • #38
                  Just food for thought, I had a similar issue with a Gibson, I wanted to keep the guitar and requested they send me a replacement for the defective part, Gibson insisted that I ship the guitar directly to them and they sent me a replacement...maybe it was because the guitar passed inspection and it was a matter of quality control?
                  Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
                  1st generation Irish

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Just food for thought, I had a similar issue with a Gibson, I wanted to keep the guitar and requested they send me a replacement for the defective part, Gibson insisted that I ship the guitar directly to them and they sent me a replacement...maybe it was because the guitar passed inspection and it was a matter of quality control?
                    Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
                    1st generation Irish

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      As long as we keep looking at the value of a musical instrument in terms of money rather than music we will continue to feel the need for such discussions.



                      None of my guitars are cosmetically perfect but they are fabulous and expressive musical instruments - each with it's own character and I would miss any one of them if they were stolen but not because of the dollar value.


                      you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

                      contentment is true wealth

                      Comment


                      • #41






                        Quote Originally Posted by Presc
                        View Post

                        Would you really want to exchange a great guitar with a few small cosmetic issues for a cosmetically perfect example that's a dog?




                        A $5000 guitar is more than just a musical instrument, it's an investment. Like Koiwoi said, if you have to sell it(let's say you lose your job and unemployment runs out), you're automatically screwed by the manufacturer and/or retailer. If the retailer wants to refund a nice chunk of the purchase price, that's another matter.



                        Bottom line-if you're dropping that kind of cash on a guitar, there's no reason for you to "settle"...you should get a damn fine player with no flaws...
                        .<p><img border="0" align="center" alt="blown away gif" src="/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/6289iEEAF33ECECD246E7/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&amp;px=-1" title="blown away gif"></p>

                        Comment


                        • #42






                          Quote Originally Posted by onelife
                          View Post

                          As long as we keep looking at the value of a musical instrument in terms of money rather than music we will continue to feel the need for such discussions.



                          None of my guitars are cosmetically perfect but they are fabulous and expressive musical instruments - each with it's own character and I would miss any one of them if they were stolen but not because of the dollar value.




                          In a perfect world, Al Qaeda wouldn't hate us, money would be meaningless, and Gibson would just give their ES-335's away
                          .<p><img border="0" align="center" alt="blown away gif" src="/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/6289iEEAF33ECECD246E7/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&amp;px=-1" title="blown away gif"></p>

                          Comment


                          • #43






                            Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl
                            View Post

                            In a perfect world, Al Qaeda wouldn't hate us, money would be meaningless, and Gibson would just give their ES-335's away




                            we can get closer to that "perfect world" by looking at true value and not the abstract dollar value that we assign to things (that ultimately results in madness such as exemplified by "they hate us for our freedom")



                            if you choose to be a slave to the dollar then that is your choice but my choice is to be a servant to the music instead


                            you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

                            contentment is true wealth

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Well I contacted Gibson and sent them the pictures. They said to send it back so that's what I am doing. For the cost, it should play great and look great. I am planning on having this guitar for a very long time.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Good Luck



                                I hope it all turns out the way you want it to and that you have a very enjoyable long term relationship with your new guitar.


                                you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

                                contentment is true wealth

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X