Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richie...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse







X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Richie...

    ...what a character. I've been drinking Jack all night playing along to the stuff that made me pick up the guitar almost 20 years ago. I absolutely love everything about this guy and he's about the only living guitar player I'd like to have a beer with. OK, and Allan Holdsworth too...



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7r_4CijBWk



    ps Impossible to switch from neck to bridge in A gypsy's kiss (2:14-2:34) but OK, he overdubbed it and they never played it live. I finally gave up after 1 hour of trying. The licks are not difficult but the position switch was driving me crazy. And then, in the spirit of George Constanza I gave up...Because I'm a quitter...I come from a line of quitters...



    pps My apologies if I come across a bit crazy, it's the booze Cheers everyone!
    <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;Really the only way you can get good, unless you are a genius, is to copy&quot; Ritchie Blackmore</div>

  • #2
    I love Blackmore's playing too - very soulful.



    I actually studied his style by recording Deep Purple albums on an open reel machine and playing them back at half speed.



    check out the funky syncopated bits at the start of this




    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AL73LYo64A


    you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

    contentment is true wealth

    Comment


    • #3
      I love Blackmore's playing too - very soulful.



      I actually studied his style by recording Deep Purple albums on an open reel machine and playing them back at half speed.



      check out the funky syncopated bits at the start of this







      you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

      contentment is true wealth

      Comment


      • #4
        The cat rules.

        To this day I still get a kick out of listening to DP and Rainbow albums because the guy was so damn amazing.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">forged a million years ago<br />
        Black Blade.<br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <div class="bbcode_container">
        <div class="bbcode_quote">
        <div class="quote_container">
        <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

        Originally Posted by Bro Blue<br />
        <br />
        Tell her it's her fault for going down in the basement before you could get her surprise remodel done.<br />
        <br />
        Then cunnilingus.<br />
        <br />
        Make her a sandwich.

        </div>
        </div>
        </div> </div>

        Comment


        • #5
          The cat rules.

          To this day I still get a kick out of listening to DP and Rainbow albums because the guy was so damn amazing.
          <div class="signaturecontainer">forged a million years ago<br />
          Black Blade.<br />
          <br />
          <br />
          <br />
          <div class="bbcode_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote">
          <div class="quote_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

          Originally Posted by Bro Blue<br />
          <br />
          Tell her it's her fault for going down in the basement before you could get her surprise remodel done.<br />
          <br />
          Then cunnilingus.<br />
          <br />
          Make her a sandwich.

          </div>
          </div>
          </div> </div>

          Comment


          • #6
            my favourite rock guitar player,when it comes down to it
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><i><font color="SlateGray">HCGB trooper #187</font></i></b><br />
            A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.<br />
            <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/snacks.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Snacks" class="inlineimg" /></div>

            Comment


            • #7
              my favourite rock guitar player,when it comes down to it
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><i><font color="SlateGray">HCGB trooper #187</font></i></b><br />
              A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.<br />
              <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/snacks.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Snacks" class="inlineimg" /></div>

              Comment


              • #8
                lol at 5:54






                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNc9wIPHoAw
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><i><font color="SlateGray">HCGB trooper #187</font></i></b><br />
                A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.<br />
                <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/snacks.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Snacks" class="inlineimg" /></div>

                Comment


                • #9
                  lol at 5:54







                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><i><font color="SlateGray">HCGB trooper #187</font></i></b><br />
                  A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.<br />
                  <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/snacks.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Snacks" class="inlineimg" /></div>

                  Comment


                  • #10






                    Quote Originally Posted by onelife
                    View Post





                    Not hard to see where Mr Van Halen got his inspiration. Good stuff.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">Geezer Brigade Member #350</div>

                    Comment


                    • #11






                      Quote Originally Posted by onelife
                      View Post








                      Not hard to see where Mr Van Halen got his inspiration. Good stuff.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">Geezer Brigade Member #350</div>

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXyioV7P6hk

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL9zwX5LzxQ

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQW_DFADO6I



                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIETJEyXb-0
                        <div class="signaturecontainer">i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. &quot;It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.<br />
                        __________________</div>

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXyioV7P6hk

                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL9zwX5LzxQ

                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQW_DFADO6I



                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIETJEyXb-0
                          <div class="signaturecontainer">i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. &quot;It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.<br />
                          __________________</div>

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My favourite player
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
                            <div class="bbcode_quote">
                            <div class="quote_container">
                            <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                            <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                            <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Jimmy James</strong>
                            <a href="showthread.php?p=41708443#post41708443" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                            </div>
                            <div class="message">You're the British SAS of Metal.</div>

                            </div>
                            </div>
                            </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
                            <div class="bbcode_quote">
                            <div class="quote_container">
                            <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                            <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                            <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Phlat Phive</strong>
                            <a href="showthread.php?p=31940270#post31940270" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                            </div>
                            <div class="message">You're a man of refined taste and strong opinions.</div>

                            </div>
                            </div>
                            </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
                            <div class="bbcode_quote">
                            <div class="quote_container">
                            <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                            <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                            <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>goodusername</strong>
                            <a href="showthread.php?p=42193677#post42193677" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                            </div>
                            <div class="message"><br />
                            Mosiddiqi is a prick, btw. <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/redface.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Embarrassment" class="inlineimg" /></div>

                            </div>
                            </div>
                            </div> Some Tunes:<br />
                            <br />
                            <a href="http://www.box.net/shared/zbo8hrncu2" target="_blank">http://www.box.net/shared/zbo8hrncu2</a><br />
                            <a href="http://www.box.net/shared/dnlnkn3g44" target="_blank">http://www.box.net/shared/dnlnkn3g44</a><br />
                            <a href="http://www.box.net/shared/th4tv5noyi" target="_blank">http://www.box.net/shared/th4tv5noyi</a><br />
                            <a href="http://www.box.net/shared/2yasm139d3" target="_blank"><br />
                            </a></div>

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              My favourite player
                              <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote">
                              <div class="quote_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                              <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                              <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Jimmy James</strong>
                              <a href="showthread.php?p=41708443#post41708443" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                              </div>
                              <div class="message">You're the British SAS of Metal.</div>

                              </div>
                              </div>
                              </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote">
                              <div class="quote_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                              <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                              <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Phlat Phive</strong>
                              <a href="showthread.php?p=31940270#post31940270" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                              </div>
                              <div class="message">You're a man of refined taste and strong opinions.</div>

                              </div>
                              </div>
                              </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote">
                              <div class="quote_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                              <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                              <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>goodusername</strong>
                              <a href="showthread.php?p=42193677#post42193677" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                              </div>
                              <div class="message"><br />
                              Mosiddiqi is a prick, btw. <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/redface.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Embarrassment" class="inlineimg" /></div>

                              </div>
                              </div>
                              </div> Some Tunes:<br />
                              <br />
                              <a href="http://www.box.net/shared/zbo8hrncu2" target="_blank">http://www.box.net/shared/zbo8hrncu2</a><br />
                              <a href="http://www.box.net/shared/dnlnkn3g44" target="_blank">http://www.box.net/shared/dnlnkn3g44</a><br />
                              <a href="http://www.box.net/shared/th4tv5noyi" target="_blank">http://www.box.net/shared/th4tv5noyi</a><br />
                              <a href="http://www.box.net/shared/2yasm139d3" target="_blank"><br />
                              </a></div>

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X