Just take a look at the features:

- ebony fretboard

- ash (?) body with flame maple top

- binding on body & neck

- Wilkinson USA bridge

- birdseye maple neck

- alnico (I think. GREAT sounding nevertheless) pickups

- Grover tuners

All this and I don't think they sell for more than 200 on the used market. That's just criminal.
    www.maverickguitar.ca

Yeah, I have the one that's a step down from that one. Paint rather than the figured top and a standard trem. It's actually my least favorite guitar overall but man... I just LOVE the neck. I have three strats with Robert Cray sig necks and they are my favorites but that Samick neck is right up there.

I refinished mine, put in a trem with a full size block, a set of Fralin Vintage Hot pickups and new pots.

Though I do think my PAC604 is a better guitar overall and I'd put the older Korean Ibanez AX120 and 125s and the set neck Washburn Idols in that same general value range on the used market.

Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

Yeah, I have the one that's a step down from that one. Paint rather than the figured top and a standard trem. It's actually my least favorite guitar overall but man... I just LOVE the neck. I have three strats with Robert Cray sig necks and they are my favorites but that Samick neck is right up there.

I refinished mine, put in a trem with a full size block, a set of Fralin Vintage Hot pickups and new pots.

Though I do think my PAC604 is a better guitar overall and I'd put the older Korean Ibanez AX120 and 125s and the set neck Washburn Idols in that same general value range on the used market.

Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

i haven't seen a samick in years.

Comment

i haven't seen a samick in years.

Comment

I've never seen that particular Samick, but every vaguely high spec Samick I see these days is in excess of 400GBP
            Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

I've never seen that particular Samick, but every vaguely high spec Samick I see these days is in excess of 400GBP
              Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

Not generalizing (no doubt your guitar is deserving of your praise) but I've seen a few Samick instruments that were bigger on cosmetic than actual quality. My Samick mandolin is a beautiful piece of crap that sounds and plays aweful but is very pretty. I'm thinking of having it refretted so it plays at least better.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Yamaholic --- PpP --- Old geezer with a grey beard

Comment

Not generalizing (no doubt your guitar is deserving of your praise) but I've seen a few Samick instruments that were bigger on cosmetic than actual quality. My Samick mandolin is a beautiful piece of crap that sounds and plays aweful but is very pretty. I'm thinking of having it refretted so it plays at least better.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Yamaholic --- PpP --- Old geezer with a grey beard

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ratae Coritanorum
                    View Post

Where I am, I rarely ever see any above $150, let alone $200. Of course, you have a few jokers who want $500 for a "rare and vintage" Samick. Then again, I haven't seen another one like miine for sale. Did Samick have a large presence in the UK market?

Quote Originally Posted by Jkater
                    View Post

I've always avoided Samick too because that was the general thought. I used to have a craptastic Samick classical. But I saw that this was a Valley Arts, so I took a chance. Paid off big time, Good thing too, because I haven't seen another one for sale in years.
                    www.maverickguitar.ca

Comment

I don

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by dmc69
                        View Post

Just take a look at the features:

- ebony fretboard

- ash (?) body with flame maple top

- binding on body & neck

- Wilkinson USA bridge

- birdseye maple neck

- alnico (I think. GREAT sounding nevertheless) pickups

- Grover tuners

All this and I don't think they sell for more than 200 on the used market. That's just criminal.

That is a gorgeous looking guitar. If you ever want $200 for THAT let me know
                        Originally posted by fu2jobu"1999 was all about me wanting to find Lou Bega and giving him a few good bitch slaps. "FS/FT - LTD Mirage guitar with EMG pickups. (MIJ)http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/FS-FT-LTD-Mirage-guitar-emg-pickups/m-p/36167161/highlight/false#M290782

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by jpnyc
                          View Post

I don
                          www.maverickguitar.ca

Comment

Working...
                          X