Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

MUSIC 123 ignoring price matches?

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    as of now, you might get a quicker response from music123 pm via passenger pigeon.

    Comment


    • #92






      Quote Originally Posted by sdgails
      View Post

      as of now, you might get a quicker response from music123 pm via passenger pigeon.




      Took about 15 min this morning.
      --
      Wagdog
      Check out Lunar Commander on:
      iTunes App Store
      Google Play

      Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
      iTunes App Store
      Google Play

      Free Fireworks Show for Android

      "Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
      - Joe Walsh


      Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

      Comment


      • #93
        double post (also in the deals thread) but I got a response today honoring a PM on gibson pickups within an hour
        My Gear
        Schecter Corsair
        TelePartsCaster x3
        Dano Convertible

        Taylor 114
        Gretsch Americana

        Vox Pathfinder 15R
        Vox VT15
        Fender SCXD
        Yamaha THR5

        For Sale:
        Duncan Pickups

        BG Pups Tele Set

        Looking For:
        Vox AC4C1 amp
        Gibson 70s tribute minihum pickup(s)

        Comment


        • #94
          They responded to my request on the Vox guitar really fast, but I'm still waiting to hear back from them on the Perri's leather strap from 5-6 days ago. This is almost certainly a case where they were waiting for them to sell out
          .

          Comment


          • #95
            Just had a little annoyance. I sent in a price match for a Perri's strap that Amazon has a great deal on. 2 days later still no response from M123 and now the price is up about 6% at Amazon. . But that's only about 63 cents







            Ah, but that's what I get for bein a piker.
            A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
            HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
            Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
            I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

            Comment


            • #96
              This is crazy, why would a company not want business at X-mas?



              I sent in two (small) price matches over a week ago.



              Got them back today and:

              1) Neither price was even close to being matched

              2) More baffling, they waited a week and until X-mas eve to send them.

              They were to be gifts, I dont need them this late.

              3) They waited just long enough until the price went up elsewhere before sending

              back a non-matched price..
              Harold Horatio Heckuba (Triple H)

              Comment


              • #97
                By the way chbaker above did help me out with the price match on the BBE Tremolo pedal. Thanks again Chris



                And then yesterday I did finally get back the requests that I'd submitted through their system. So what I submitted late the day of the 18th thru their system finally came back to me mid day on the 23rd. But I'd already used the price match link Chris set up for me.



                So if anyone wants the BBE Tremolo for 33.89 let me know by PM'ing me your e-mail address. First come first serve.
                A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

                Comment


                • #98






                  Quote Originally Posted by harold heckuba
                  View Post

                  This is crazy, why would a company not want business at X-mas?



                  I sent in two (small) price matches over a week ago.



                  Got them back today and:

                  1) Neither price was even close to being matched

                  2) More baffling, they waited a week and until X-mas eve to send them.

                  They were to be gifts, I dont need them this late.

                  3) They waited just long enough until the price went up elsewhere before sending

                  back a non-matched price..




                  They do want business...especially at Christmas. The problem is, M123/MF have clearly bitten off more than they can chew. They're trying to attract business and squash the competition with an unrealistic guarantee. I doubt the corporate bigwigs who concocted this scheme had any idea that Amazon, Best Buy or anyone else would be able to sell anything for as cheap as they do.



                  As for the CSR's...they're either encouraging them to avoid price matching on money-losing deals, or they've hired a bunch of people who have no business being in customer service.



                  In any case, I'm thinking the average potential customer is easy to fool...when they send back some crap response like, "Best Buy isn't an authorized Fender dealer, but we'd be happy to offer you 5% off", most people don't call them out on their bull****************.



                  Someone mentioned a class-action lawsuit earlier in this thread or in another one...at first I was like, "sure lol", but apparently, according to a friend of mine who's a federal judge, it wouldn't be unheard of. It really boils down to false advertising...at the very least, it's unscrupulous, unethical and embarrassing for MF/M123...it's not only screwing their competition, but also screwing their customers.



                  I've said it before, but I almost can't wait til these clowns go out of business in 2013 so I'm forced to deal with an honest company(in my experience) like Zzounds or Sweetwater...or hell, just my local mom 'n pop...(I just hope they leave HC the way they found it when they do!)
                  .

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    I just got several PMs back that I'd submitted electronically 3-4 days ago. Each from a different CSR, and the math is roughly close (odd that the calculations don't come out the same for everyone, it's not like a perceptual difference or a political opinion, it's math right???).



                    Anyway, I really don't think they were waiting for the prices to go up, I think they're just working through a backlog at the busiest time of year for them.



                    Maybe now that the bolus of gift giving purchases is past them they can focus down on what they had to backburner previously... plus self-centered slobs like me looking to pick up cheap new gear for yours truly. If only I were half the man my kids believe I am.
                    Great transactions with: pan760, Unclemeat, adlo76, deadanddreaming, Woody_in_MN, Rose Pickups, Toshiro, BryanMichael, cbh5150, Rand-O-Monium, ugameus, jcm800stratman

                    "It's the internet, dude. We all make six figures, f*ck supermodels and drive 9 second Supras when we're not in here bitching about our MIM Strats." [flummox]

                    "Before you read this post, it should be noted that I f*cking love bunny rabbits." [CompleteGuitard]

                    Comment








                    • Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man
                      View Post

                      By the way chbaker above did help me out with the price match on the BBE Tremolo pedal. Thanks again Chris




                      Mr. Baker is one of the few bright spots for MF/M123 IMO. That said, I'm pretty sure he's ignoring the forums right now-between an unrealistic policy his higher-ups have implemented, game-playing CSR's who obviously are misinformed, and the slew of unhappy customers, this has to be a major headache for him. If he is paying attention, have a Merry X-Mas, Chris...I sincerely hope things get better for you guys
                      .

                      Comment








                      • Quote Originally Posted by brandass
                        View Post

                        I just got several PMs back that I'd submitted electronically 3-4 days ago. Each from a different CSR, and the math is roughly close (odd that the calculations don't come out the same for everyone, it's not like a perceptual difference or a political opinion, it's math right???).




                        I particularly like it when they send a price match for something with the original, undiscounted price
                        .

                        Comment


                        • Yes, I've received a few such animals. Makes you wonder what's going on over there. But this set was all within 3% of what the correct math should have yielded, so maybe the eggnog is helping?
                          Great transactions with: pan760, Unclemeat, adlo76, deadanddreaming, Woody_in_MN, Rose Pickups, Toshiro, BryanMichael, cbh5150, Rand-O-Monium, ugameus, jcm800stratman

                          "It's the internet, dude. We all make six figures, f*ck supermodels and drive 9 second Supras when we're not in here bitching about our MIM Strats." [flummox]

                          "Before you read this post, it should be noted that I f*cking love bunny rabbits." [CompleteGuitard]

                          Comment








                          • Quote Originally Posted by brandass
                            View Post

                            Yes, I've received a few such animals. Makes you wonder what's going on over there. But this set was all within 3% of what the correct math should have yielded, so maybe the eggnog is helping?






                            auto-correct
                            My Gear
                            Schecter Corsair
                            TelePartsCaster x3
                            Dano Convertible

                            Taylor 114
                            Gretsch Americana

                            Vox Pathfinder 15R
                            Vox VT15
                            Fender SCXD
                            Yamaha THR5

                            For Sale:
                            Duncan Pickups

                            BG Pups Tele Set

                            Looking For:
                            Vox AC4C1 amp
                            Gibson 70s tribute minihum pickup(s)

                            Comment








                            • Quote Originally Posted by jhorne
                              View Post

                              If you aren't completely fed up yet, I'd try the following:



                              Call again and if you are not successful, get the name of the CSR and their supervisor, and anyone else involved in the transaction, and send all of that information to the email Chris Baker provided. I have a feeling by the time you start asking for names they'll probably come around. Or you could skip the first part and just send all the info in an email. Only risk there is that they sell out before the email gets handled...



                              There really is no excuse for this stupid ****************, but it has been going on for years.




                              I sent an email to Chris on Sunday night, and he got back to me this morning. Unfortunately, M123 has sold out of the Les Paul Deluxes, and they are discontinued, so they can't get any more.



                              Four minutes after I got Chris's email, I got another one from a CSR: "By the time we received your price match request, we have ran out of stock on the Gibson Limited Les Paul Deluxe Gold Top.

                              I'm sure we could have done that price for you, but unfortunately we do not have a product to supply you with."



                              Yes, I'm sure you could have done that price for me after three quotes that were higher than that. You can definitely do it now that you don't have any more.



                              Hold mah beer an' watch this!

                              Comment








                              • Quote Originally Posted by Flatspotter
                                View Post

                                I sent an email to Chris on Sunday night, and he got back to me this morning. Unfortunately, M123 has sold out of the Les Paul Deluxes, and they are discontinued, so they can't get any more.



                                Four minutes after I got Chris's email, I got another one from a CSR: "By the time we received your price match request, we have ran out of stock on the Gibson Limited Les Paul Deluxe Gold Top.

                                I'm sure we could have done that price for you, but unfortunately we do not have a product to supply you with."



                                Yes, I'm sure you could have done that price for me after three quotes that were higher than that. You can definitely do it now that you don't have any more.







                                They suck. Unless they've sold out at Zzounds, you should be able to still get one for $1350 using code FROSTY2012...
                                .

                                Comment













                                Working...
                                X