X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best tele 3-barrel saddles?

My tele copy saddles seem to be made of some cheap alloy so I want to upgrade. I've come across steel, brass, aluminium, graphtech (whatever material they are) and those compensated wilkinson saddles so far. What do people prefer? (ps. it's the old style 3-barrel bridge)

The Wilkinson is the best value by far, followed closely by the Jo Barden

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

• reverberlayed
      reverberlayed commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the Callaham compensated brass saddles on my Tele that I like. They were pretty pricey ($40ish IIRC) but I like them. I don't know that I hear a big difference but my intonation has improved with them being compensated.

Glendales are good. Pricey but awesome.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><b><font size="3"><b><i><font face="Garamond">Death leaves a heartache no one can heal<br />
    Love leaves a memory no one can steal</font></i></b></font></b></b></div>

Comment

danswon wrote:

My tele copy saddles seem to be made of some cheap alloy so I want to upgrade. I've come across steel, brass, aluminium, graphtech (whatever material they are) and those compensated wilkinson saddles so far. What do people prefer? (ps. it's the old style 3-barrel bridge)

I prefer brass saddles on a tele

you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

contentment is true wealth

Comment

• Pine Apple Slim
        Pine Apple Slim commented
        Editing a comment

I have the compensated Wilkerson bridge on my partscaster, works well and it sounds like a tele should.

Altho not usually the compensated variety, for max twang some folk use steels on the low a & e and brass on the rest.

I like the ashtray.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Guitars:<br><br>G&amp;L Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy<br><br>Fender 50th Anniversary Strat, Classic 50s Telecaster, and others.<br><br><br><br>Pedals:<br><br>Pitchblack&g t;EP Booster&gt;Classic 108 Fuzz&gt; SD-1&gt;OCD&gt;Keeley Rat&gt;Hoof&gt;DLS MKiii&gt;Small Stone&gt;TR-2&gt;Flashback&gt;Spring Theory<br><br><br><br>Amp:<br><br>Peavey Delta Blues<br><br></font></div>

Comment

Part of the intonation equation is what strings you use. My Teles all have Fender '52RI brass saddles and are strung with D'Addario EXL110 sets and I have zero intonation issues.
      Mazi Bee Militia!
      JJ Pistols Kickfụck Brigade
      PpP
      My gear list is in serious need of an update...

Comment

Working...
      X