No announcement yet.

SOT - Master Volume or No?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOT - Master Volume or No?

I much prefer a master volume control on an amp. I think that the lack of one severely hinders an amp's applications. What about you guys?
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

DSC02461.JPGFunny you should mention this. I have been dealing with just the same issue.

I have a1967 Ampeg Gemini 1 which has no master vol. and have been struggling to get that just right sound

Just about an hour ago I found it. Nothing I did was quite right and I don't like pedals so did just the opposite of what I normally do.  I turned the bass and treble all the way down and put the vol. at 3 o' clock.then plugged into the accordion input and brought back just a little more on the treble control . With the tone at 10 on the guitar and the vol. at 7 the humbuckers scream .

Attached Files

Comment

• Marko
      Marko commented
      Editing a comment

• Marko
      Marko commented
      Editing a comment
      I much prefer a master volume control on an amp. I think that the lack of one severely hinders an amp's applications. What about you guys?

I agree.

• mrbrown49
      mrbrown49 commented
      Editing a comment

gardo wrote:

DSC02461.JPGFunny you should mention this. I have been dealing with just the same issue.

I have a1967 Ampeg Gemini 1 which has no master vol. and have been struggling to get that just right sound

Just about an hour ago I found it. Nothing I did was quite right and I don't like pedals so did just the opposite of what I normally do.  I turned the bass and treble all the way down and put the vol. at 3 o' clock.then plugged into the accordion input and brought back just a little more on the treble control . With the tone at 10 on the guitar and the vol. at 7 the humbuckers scream .

Love those Gemini's.  I have a G-1 as well and it's fantastic.   I've had the same problem though, it always sounds better just a little bit louder.    I'll have to give your tip a shot.   

Ever try bridging the channels? 

Attached Files

Working...
X