Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a light for your music stand - or pedalboard?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a light for your music stand - or pedalboard?

If so, you might want to check out my review of the Mighty Bright DuoFlex...

http://www.harmonycentral.com/expert...usic-light-kit

If you have any questions or comments about the review, please feel free to post them here.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Cool. Seems like it would be handy to have a 9V version that connects to a pedalboard power supply though. There's probably something like that already but I'm not aware of anything.
    Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
    Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
    Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
    Member of the Schecter Society
    Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
      Cool. Seems like it would be handy to have a 9V version that connects to a pedalboard power supply though. There's probably something like that already but I'm not aware of anything.
      I haven't come across any that use a 9V DC supply, and although that would make it easier to daisy chain one, it's easy enough to use a USB power brick to power it. You could probably also build a voltage divider and use that instead - it's just a couple of resistors. While I have not tried it myself, I suspect it would work just fine running at 4.5 volts instead of 5V.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I did a quick Amazon search when I read your review and I was surprised nothing turned up. I found USB models but a 9V version just seemed like a natural idea, given the application.
        Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
        Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
        Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
        Member of the Schecter Society
        Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Working...
        X