Well, synth you asked...

Phil O'Keefe

Do you like the EHX MEL9, B9, KEY9 and C9 keyboard emulation pedals? A lot of guitarists do - including me. I've reviewed both the EHX MEL9 and the EHX B9 and was very impressed with both of them. Well now there's a new pedal in the series - ladies and gentlemen, meet the new EHX SYNTH9.

[video=youtube;3qebnkmvjiw]

synth9left-fabfef22.jpg

For more information on the new EHX SYNTH9, click here.

• Members

just watched it :) bill again *g*

from a technical point of view i'm very interested how these 9 pedal work. what processor they run, what kind of framework has been implemented on it and if ehx has created a complete development kit above it, where they can just program new pedals.

which programming languages they use etc...

this must be a really powerful plattform they built

just watched it :) bill again *g*

Bill's a great player and does really solid demos, doesn't he? :)

from a technical point of view i'm very interested how these 9 pedal work. what processor they run, what kind of framework has been implemented on it and if ehx has created a complete development kit above it, where they can just program new pedals.

which programming languages they use etc...

this must be a really powerful plattform they built

I mentioned that in passing in the MEL9 review...

While the sounds produced are remarkably reminiscent of the sounds made by a Mellotron, they're not actual samples. So how exactly do the pedals in this series do their magic? While the folks at Electro Harmonix are understandably somewhat hesitant to reveal all of their secrets, they did confirm my suspicions that they're using pitch shifting (a la the HOG and POG) and envelope and frequency filtering, as well as applying some other effects to simulate various keyboard sounds.

Archived