Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the....? (Behringer content)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Well, capitalism sucks, but this rocks!
    My Behringer BX3000T (An Ashdown ripoff) bloody rocks.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by UnkleSlam



      Nah, Line 6 mentions other products in their literature all the time. Their lawyers know just exactly how far they can go, trust me.


      true. i know i would be mad if i worked my butt off to design a pedal, and some other company takes it and makes it cheaper. but for buyers, it's a dream come true.
      "Procrastination is not only the thief of time, but also the murder of ambition"

      Chuck Norris lost his virginity before his dad did.

      Chuck Norris once visited the Virgin Islands. Now they just call it "The Islands".

      (__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")This is Mr. Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature so he can gain total world domination.
      Official Bunny #1

      Wants: analog delay, vibe pedal
      Selling: Zoom Ultra Fuzz

      Comment


      • #33
        good for the market..
        i want to try the reverb , i want a cheap ass reverb..
        http://www.myspace.com/noidentifier

        Comment


        • #34
          using a small beringer desk at gigs is a joke
          to get true sterio you have to pan every thing about two notches from hard left, its that out of whack. i wont be buying there products for sure
          There's Kerosene around, we'll find something to do.

          Comment


          • #35
            Good for the market? Good for us as consumers for the immediate future, yes. What I'm concerned about is innovation, though. Don't get me wrong... Boss isn't exactly the ZVex of the mass pedal market, but seriously, if these things get cheaper, Boss and EHX start losing money. Pretty soon they're losing money in R & D, and then you're stuck with Behringer having ripped off everyone it can and there's little mass market innovation. (Microsoft, anyone). Behringer has a knack for ripping innovators off and selling cheap because they have little R & D built into their products... sowhat happens if they actually need to start building their own? Will they still be cheap? Can they make new products as innovative as EHX? Don't get me wrong... I love the thought of saving money, but my guess is that most of you who love this idea are the same ones who bitch about Microsoft ripping off Apple. Or is this different because it's something YOU want? Will I check the pedals out? Definately. If one blows me away will I buy it? Yes. Does that make Behringer any less scummy? No.
            Unscientific Fun with Beer!
            http://365daysobeer.blogspot.com/

            Comment


            • #36
              hmmm

              this is cool, but Behringer is known for poor QA, how many stomps will their stomp boxes last for?

              Still must admit they are interesting

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by cmloeffler
                Good for the market? Good for us as consumers for the immediate future, yes. What I'm concerned about is innovation, though. Don't get me wrong... Boss isn't exactly the ZVex of the mass pedal market, but seriously, if these things get cheaper, Boss and EHX start losing money. Pretty soon they're losing money in R & D, and then you're stuck with Behringer having ripped off everyone it can and there's little mass market innovation. (Microsoft, anyone). Behringer has a knack for ripping innovators off and selling cheap because they have little R & D built into their products... sowhat happens if they actually need to start building their own? Will they still be cheap? Can they make new products as innovative as EHX? Don't get me wrong... I love the thought of saving money, but my guess is that most of you who love this idea are the same ones who bitch about Microsoft ripping off Apple. Or is this different because it's something YOU want? Will I check the pedals out? Definately. If one blows me away will I buy it? Yes. Does that make Behringer any less scummy? No.


                With all due respect, this is totally insane.

                Microsoft and Behringer are nothing alike. MS got rich by actually innovating, and then ruthlessly destroying the competition. They didn't undercut their competitors in price - what OS is more expensive than Windows? They bought up intellectual property left and right, excercised a monopoly and bullied an entire industry. Nothing like Behringer.

                Immitation in the electronics world has been around as long as the Television. Boss and EHX will continue to do their thing, and Behringer (along with several others who have been around for a while, might I add (Johnson, that other company with the funny looking N as a logo both immediately come to mind) and everything will be fine.

                The point is that no company can expect to innovate once and then sit back and get fat off of that one innovation. If Boss and Ehx truly are innovative (and that can be argued), then they will have to continue to be so. Anything else is suicide, regardless of what Behringer does.

                Some would say that a company like Boss isn't so much innovative as they are known for a quality produc, and if Behringer is able to offer the same level of quality at a drastically lower price, then guess what? That's capitalism. Boss will need to get its **************** together and figure out why it can't compete with Behringer's prices.

                I suspect the quality of the Behringer product will be lower than Boss and/or Ehx, and that will differentiate them. Will Boss and Ehx lose market share? Maybe. If Behringer's stuff isn't absolute ****************, then yeah. They probably will lose marketshare. But ****************, would it matter if Behringer painted it's BD-2 clone green? DOD has been releasing pedals very similar to Boss for a while now. Most popular Boss pedals have a DOD equivalent, they just have a different appearance.

                Anyways, the Microsoft analogy is totally meaningless in this case, and Behringer is no scummier than Sony, who got it's start immitating (and eventually improving) American electronic products. It's a perfectly viable business strategy. Let the other guy pay for the R&D, then take the product and immitate it, eventually improve it and then cut him out of the market. No scummier than drafting in a car or bicycle race. It's business.
                Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows

                ----------
                ------ Stuff ------
                1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by cmloeffler
                  Boss isn't exactly the ZVex of the mass pedal market


                  actually, they are. they sell more mass produced pedals then anyone, and are the best sounds (besides EHX) you can get out of $50. and all the crap jcn said is true too.
                  "Procrastination is not only the thief of time, but also the murder of ambition"

                  Chuck Norris lost his virginity before his dad did.

                  Chuck Norris once visited the Virgin Islands. Now they just call it "The Islands".

                  (__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(")This is Mr. Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature so he can gain total world domination.
                  Official Bunny #1

                  Wants: analog delay, vibe pedal
                  Selling: Zoom Ultra Fuzz

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by littlehornyfenderboy56


                    actually, they are. they sell more mass produced pedals then anyone, and are the best sounds (besides EHX) you can get out of $50. and all the crap jcn said is true too.


                    I think he was talking about the innovation thing. ZVex is known for being very original and innovative, so he was saying Boss isn't exactly making pedals that blow peoples minds, they tend to be pretty vanilla plain compared to other things out there.
                    Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows

                    ----------
                    ------ Stuff ------
                    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by jcn37203


                      I think he was talking about the innovation thing. ZVex is known for being very original and innovative, so he was saying Boss isn't exactly making pedals that blow peoples minds, they tend to be pretty vanilla plain compared to other things out there.


                      i like vanilla. stawberry sucks.
                      "Procrastination is not only the thief of time, but also the murder of ambition"

                      Chuck Norris lost his virginity before his dad did.

                      Chuck Norris once visited the Virgin Islands. Now they just call it "The Islands".

                      (__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(")This is Mr. Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature so he can gain total world domination.
                      Official Bunny #1

                      Wants: analog delay, vibe pedal
                      Selling: Zoom Ultra Fuzz

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        bump!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by jcn37203


                          With all due respect, this is totally insane.

                          Microsoft and Behringer are nothing alike. ...

                          Some would say that a company like Boss isn't so much innovative as they are known for a quality produc, and if Behringer is able to offer the same level of quality at a drastically lower price, then guess what? That's capitalism. Boss will need to get its **************** together and figure out why it can't compete with Behringer's prices.


                          Well said. And I WOULD say that boss is just like you said. Here's the thing about innovation, boss isn't doing too much of it. Honestly, ZVex, Linn, and Line6 are the ones really innovating. Yamaha, and well, Behringer (vamp anyone?) are following it up pretty well.....

                          Ain't nothin' wrong w/ Behringer taking boss' products and selling them for what they're really worth...that's how you play the game...Sign me up for a couple of those pedals, btw--a sansamp clone for $40? I'll take it!
                          Peaces, Crazybilly

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            MODS GALORE!!!!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              wait.....are these all digital modeling devices or are the distortions, overdrives, etc analog? If these are analog......for the love of God, somebody come up with a kickass Big Muff mod for their knockoff.
                              DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!! MY NAME IS EJK, NOT ELK!!!!!! I'M NOT SOME KIND OF DEER WANNABE!!!!!!!!!!! AND ALL OF YOU WHO SPEAK SCANDINAVIAN, I'M NOT AN OAK TREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                as far as I can tell, they're all pretty much just straight, in-your-face clones....crazy, huh?
                                Peaces, Crazybilly

                                Comment



                                Working...
                                X