No announcement yet.

Fulltone Fulldrive at 18v DC!!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulltone Fulldrive at 18v DC!!

Thought this was all hype till i just treid it. Was using the FD2 at 9 volts. Just happened to have a Dunlop DC 18 volt adapter around that was used with a MXR Dime Distortion. So I figured as long as it is 18 v DC I'd go for it. And also center pin negative which it is. really gives the FD2 more headroom and more clarity. Glad I was messing around. Give it a shot. KJL
    Fender Bassman 59RI LTD Amp EH Stereo Cathedral Reverb Fulltone GT-500 Fulltone FD-2 Maxon CS-550 Stereo Chorus Fender 2004 50 th Anniversary Stratocaster

Thought this was all hype till i just treid it. Was using the FD2 at 9 volts. Just happened to have a Dunlop DC 18 volt adapter around that was used with a MXR Dime Distortion. So I figured as long as it is 18 v DC I'd go for it. And also center pin negative which it is. really gives the FD2 more headroom and more clarity. Glad I was messing around. Give it a shot. KJL

I gots to try this w/ my OCD! And the 808 clones I've made 'cause they can supposedly handle it.
    Originally Posted by christianatl

Everybody stop hurting dap99's balls.

Comment

I've had positive results with the OCD and the GT-500 as well. I really think I'm gonna try one of those fulldrives.

FWIW, I use a gator g bus 8 power supply that has 3 dedicated 18v outputs. It's real convenient as I have a few 9~18v pedals.
      Good deals with: Primo, Hecticone, Bluehuricane (X2), TomCray, Used666, Dettlebach, Tolling_Bells, Cleverbastid, machine gunner, shooto, 2deaconblues, Easyliver, Maxisnotdead, brokenarrow5, Drasp, Viper Jazz, the.bjorndahl, dkhp124

Comment

my G-bus crapped out on me
        so i got a brick

Comment

and o yea, 18 volts sounds great on my FD-2 as well!

Comment

Kevin *LOL*, how many FD2's does this make for you?
            oke:

Comment

my G-bus crapped out on me
              so i got a brick

Thanks for adding to my anxiety.

Was it the block or the adapter?
              How's the brick working?
              Good deals with: Primo, Hecticone, Bluehuricane (X2), TomCray, Used666, Dettlebach, Tolling_Bells, Cleverbastid, machine gunner, shooto, 2deaconblues, Easyliver, Maxisnotdead, brokenarrow5, Drasp, Viper Jazz, the.bjorndahl, dkhp124

Comment

do most dirt pedals work at 18v then? do all pedals?

sounds interesting..
                OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

do most dirt pedals work at 18v then? do all pedals?

sounds interesting..

I wouldn't try it unless its specified if you dont want to fry a pedal. Fulltone specifies its good to go with certain pedals.

Comment

Thanks for adding to my anxiety.

Was it the block or the adapter?
                    How's the brick working?

so far so good! and im not sure whats wrong with the g-bus cause the 18 volt outs work fine but all the 9 volts dont work at all

Comment

so far so good! and im not sure whats wrong with the g-bus cause the 18 volt outs work fine but all the 9 volts dont work at all

Open er up. Don't have anything to lose.

Comment

Kevin *LOL*, how many FD2's does this make for you?
                        oke:

Jeff
                        I am thinking this is number 15 0r 16.!!! But the FD2 works so well with my DR Z and tele/ It's been on the board now for 5 months!! Wow
                        Fender Bassman 59RI LTD Amp EH Stereo Cathedral Reverb Fulltone GT-500 Fulltone FD-2 Maxon CS-550 Stereo Chorus Fender 2004 50 th Anniversary Stratocaster

Comment

I have a FD2 and just bought a OCD v4, red led. Can someone do a 9v/18v comparison? Thanks in advance.
                          -Ming Pau Moe

Great Deals/References

Comment

Hmm. Someone mentioned 808 with 18v. Hmm. Hmm.

:PMing NITEFLY:

Comment

I run my FD2 at 12V. Makes it just a bit clearer and nicer sounding than on 9v.
                              several thousand dollars worth of gear and about five bucks worth of playing

Comment

Working...
                              X