No announcement yet.

Anybody work for a non-profit?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody work for a non-profit?

I think I just got a job but I don't want to turn into one of those bat **************** crazy sidewalk preachers by the time summer is over. It's cool and I believe in the cause I just don't want to be seen as a liberal hippie tree hugging vegan.
    Satisfied customer of:
    www.raveonguitarworks.com Great custom sized pedalboards
    www.blackouteffectors.com
    www.tonefactor.com

Sometimes it feels like I do! I keed.

My only suggestion is work with a nonprofit that has their **************** together. What I mean by that is they have specific legislation written or being written before you go out and collect names for them and their work. I've seen far too many left leaning people get suckered into bull**************** organizations who send good spirited hardworking people out to collect names and money for no real purpose at all. So don't go to a door looking like a sucker, "Do you want to give money to save the trees?" And a guy like me says, "maybe, do you have something for me to read, like a history of your organization's legislative victories or maybe the current verbage of something you are working on or involved with now?"

Unfortunately, also a lot of good well-meaning organizations behave a lot like your first garage band did, "Hey I got the album artwork done, maybe now we should write 11 songs?"

Comment

I volunteered last summer for philly's child advocacy center, and i gotta say it felt really good doing that work. If its for a good cause, you'll feel great doin the work, not to mention you'll make a buck or two
      Good deals with: Nitefly182

Comment

Sea Shepard?
        The Ampeg Flight Crew | 35+ Good Trades
        SPAM! - Boss RC-2 Mods!

Comment

Does it count if your place of work doesn't make any money?
          Originally Posted by Exdeath

hey eat dicks motley crue is awesome ok

I AM BUYING BOSS DS-1s Help me build a 10-pedal, all-DS1 pedal board. Paypal... um.. paid. I know you've got a DS-1 behind that 5-foot bong you brought back from vacation, sell it to me. Looking around $25 per.

Comment

The venue i work at is a non-profit. It works pretty nice for me as i don't pay taxes unless i make over a certain amount each year, which i didn't.
            I survived the great HC Crxsh of 2009.

Founder of the Ampeg Flight Crew
            Founder of the Classic Vibe Cool Guys
            Commissioner of the Spring Chicken Sophisticates

Originally Posted by Kid_A

TEH DRUMZ ARE CLIPPING WTF

Originally Posted by ben_allison

Tubes are electronic devices, not incontrovertible truths that hold the Universe together.

Formerly known as thefragile103 / Anderer

Comment

What is it?
              BOARD, RIG

Originally Posted by Bob Marley

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery

Good deals with: booher, Coach, leer43, blueballoon, schismed, pigeontoe, Rgkchile, wiklund87, conky, Sidd, bennintexas, PumpkinPieces, Sunsetcarcrash, hivedestruction, Gearhunter, 6StrngStrangler, duderanimous, marshmi, TerrorStorm, wrathchild1, goodhonk, T ned

Comment

I work for a cub scout camp! For 70 a week! YEAH
                spam:
                none at the moment

I am on the good traders list
                great deals with InertiacSKS, Misle, OldCrankyDouche, DigiTechRep, and more that I forgot about

If you don't like what I like, I don't like you. fight me.

Comment

Over the years, I have worked for 4 different churches. Nice gig, although they don't take out state taxes, so I always had to pay in every year.
                  Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro, Epiphone Les Paul Standard (for sale), Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AF75 (for sale), Alvarez Artist, Washburn Taurus, Fender Precision, Rogue MandolinAmps: Traynor YCV40WR, SWR LA12, Behringer BX3000T head/Steel Sound 2x12 bass cabPedals: Too many to list...Good deals: knives490, slufay, Jim Hunter, deadanddreaming, lank81, MickTaylorFan, jmecale72, billy budapest, melx, CRANK, Mdsmithii, juankyman

Comment

some of them non profit joints give out killer bonuses to keep their non-profit status.

Comment

I hear ACORN is great place to work, BTW.

You just need to sign up a few Donald Ducks and Mickey Mouses as Democratic voters (maybe a couple of dead guys, too) and then the Prez will make sure you get your small cut from one of the bailout packages.
                      Gear & Stuff

Captain in the SG Army, 101st Airborne Division
                      Honorary Mention on bassesofalessergod's "a list of jerks", 4/17/07
                      Proud owner of The Legendary Orange IKEA Gorm Pedalboard

Comment

I direct a long term recovery program. We do not charge our clients for their time with us.
                        Good deals with: johnnylaw, my Takamine, rinkrat6921, kevtheking, Twevo, cdyrlund, zygoat, huskerjohn (x2), Damon78, Companda, Legend71, flommox, Wyatt 1, themeanreds, One Bad Monkey, MRAAJR, Macelind, noiseannoys, roodog, 98 Les Paul, TFM53

Comment

Working...
                        X