Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seymour Duncan "Everything Axe" set for strats...anyone use this?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan "Everything Axe" set for strats...anyone use this?

This set here, seems like it could give you a huge range of tones, maybe not strat like anymore, but not sure that matters to me. Anyone use this set, or have heard it in a strat?

Here are the descriptions for each pickup. I could get this set for about $150 new

Seymour Duncan Everything Axe Set
    Color: White
    Bridge: JB Jr. model(SJBJ-1b)
    Middle: Duckbucker(SDBR-1n)
    Neck: Little '59 model(SL59-1n)

This set works for every style of music and each pickup is a true humbucker in a single-coil sized pickup that will drop right into a Strat.

JB Jr. model (SJBJ-1b)
    High output single-coil-size humbucker. Great for everything from heavy blues to heavy metal.
    This twin coil design pickup gives you the character of our popular JB(TM) model humbucker in a single-coil size. Its adjustable pole pieces more closely emulate the magnetic field of a full size humbucker and allow you to fine tune the balance of your strings. You can expect great harmonics and a sweet high-end. Compared to Hot Rails, the output is reduced and there's more treble response. Comes with four-conductor hookup cable. USA Patent No. Des. 355,207.

For all well-balanced instruments. Works equally well with maple and rosewood fingerboards. Players: Joe Perry/ Aerosmith; James Pennebaker/ Delbert McClinton; Sebastien Lefebvre/ Simple Plan; Jeff Trott & Todd Wolfe/ Sheryl Crow; Melle Vasquez/ Nancy Sinatra; Jennifer Batten/ Jeff Beck Band; Alex De Rosso/ Dokken

Duckbucker - SDBR-1
    Vintage output single-coil-sized humbucker. Excellent for country, pop, surf, rockabilly, blues, ska and classic rock.

Using a design and a voicing based on Vintage Rails(TM), Duckbuckers incorporate six fully adjustable pole pieces together with a unique, split blade design. You get all the warm tone, cool output, and outrageous "quack" of a vintage Strat? pickup, but no hum. Though tonally similar to Vintage Rails, the mini pole piece design behaves more like a traditional pickup when string-bending. Comes with four-conductor cable. USA Patent No. 5,525,750.

For all well-balanced instruments. Works equally well with maple and rosewood fingerboards. Players: Jennifer Batten/ Jeff Beck Band; Chuck Garvey/ moe.; Mike Scott/ Prince; Joy Basu/ Jessica Simpson; Nick Lashley/ Alanis Morissette & Mick Jagger; Lou Toomey/ Brooks & Dunn

Little '59 - SL59-1
    P.A.F.-voiced single-coil-sized humbucker. Great for country, jazz, blues, funk, classic rock and heavy rock.

This little brute was designed to impart the warm, smooth tone of an old "Patent Applied For"(PAF) humbucker in a direct replacement, single-coil size. It possesses an even, dynamic response, and its adjustable pole pieces allow the guitarist to fine tune the string balance and dial in just the right amount of punch. Compared to the JB Jr., it has less output and more upper-mids. Comes with four-conductor hookup cable. USA Patent No. Des. 355,207. Comes with four-conductor hookup cable.

For all well-balanced instruments. Works equally well with maple and rosewood fingerboards.
    Seymour Duncan Everything Axe Set Players:

Bill Frisell; Audley Freed/ Cry of Love & Black Crowes; Courtney Love; Jake Kelly/ Gary Allan; Jon Hudson/ Faith No More; Brad Fordham/ Jimmie Dale Gilmore & Kelly Willis; Ron Laster/ James Brown; Glen Campbell

Comment

Frankenstrat ( - dunno the exact username, ...the guitar teacher from NY with the nano boards) used this PUs in his Strat IIRC
      Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

Comment

Frankenstrat ( - dunno the exact username, ...the guitar teacher from NY with the nano boards) used this PUs in his Strat IIRC

Good call, I seem to recall that now, maybe he'll show up tonight...

I put my strat for sale on TGP, sold it in 10 minutes tonight. Kinda surprised me. I'm going to pick up a basic standard some time next month hopefully, and mod it a little bit.

Comment

I have a JB jr. in my Strat. It's....ok. I'll probably replace it with a full sized humbucker.
          Good Deals: Hangwire, mhuxtable, Travybear

Comment

sounds cool - i have always fun to mod guitars and change PUs etc.

stuff sells easy on TGP - i need this support status to on TGP...
            Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

Comment

The duckbuckers look like Strat-sized Wide Ranges, which is a killer idea, but it seems in the description like they are not, which is disappointing.
              http://myspace.com/hotmessization
              http://brochu.bandcamp.com

- SPAM -
              Fender HRD White Lightning - Limited run of 800 - PM me
              Two Celestion Seventy 80 speakers - 16ohm - $100 for the pair

Comment

I had a Lil 59 and a Super Distortion in the strat I had, they totally sound fat but you should really use 250k pots otherwise it will be too jangly and icepicky if you use 500k pots which is what I did
                O)))

Comment

What pots generally come with the MIM strats?

Comment

250ks I believe, I just happened to put 500ks in mine to "open" up the mini hums
                    O)))

Comment

Where's Frankenstrat?

Comment

The 59 is really good. I haven't played a Duckbucker. The JB is great for certain things, but it's a very poky sounding pickup. It's got a lot of output and the midrange screams, but it lacks a little bass IMO. I used to always use JBs for tech metal stuff, I think they're great for that, but they aren't the warmest sounding pickups around
                        Recent good deals: Fruvai, Darkmavis, Mind_Riot89, jeid2000, Krish, andthenurse, JDE, figjamaussie, Slow Life, The Riffer, Netstar, SimplyBen, magnum pi, WAWBanks, Hides-His-Eyes, Neoflox, woolyh, AidyCM, Gambit, MPH, joshp13589

DCC Engineering - custom cabinets, pedals and amps.
                        Omens - my band

Originally Posted by FreekishBluesFX

Let me see you piss on me and I will show you my tits. Well it no work that way. You need to rub my balls first. And balls I mean testicles

Comment

Could you put the '59 in the bridge as well as the neck?

Comment

Nah Dawg, single coils ftw.

If you're gonna put hums in a strat, route that baby and put full size hums in.
                            Great deals w/ placebo62, candletears7

Originally Posted by EL KABONG

just cause Aussies cant have guns (=no freedom) doesnt mean other people cant have them either.

Originally Posted by Naterel

Those meatballs came out right

But that rocket ship is ****************ed up

Comment

Could you put the '59 in the bridge as well as the neck?

The 59 is brilliant in the bridge position.
                              Recent good deals: Fruvai, Darkmavis, Mind_Riot89, jeid2000, Krish, andthenurse, JDE, figjamaussie, Slow Life, The Riffer, Netstar, SimplyBen, magnum pi, WAWBanks, Hides-His-Eyes, Neoflox, woolyh, AidyCM, Gambit, MPH, joshp13589

DCC Engineering - custom cabinets, pedals and amps.
                              Omens - my band

Originally Posted by FreekishBluesFX

Let me see you piss on me and I will show you my tits. Well it no work that way. You need to rub my balls first. And balls I mean testicles

Comment

Working...
                              X