Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets talk about the Fuzz Factory

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually wasn't too impressed. Had a hand painted one from around 2001. I prefer the Absynth and Wolf computer over the fuzz factory. However I do love this finish:
    Good transactions with: Woolyh, Starmansam
    I Lurk

Comment

What is the difference between the two circuits? (aside from the pad).

I don't think there is any difference other than the probe being attached to the stab knob.

Comment

i wish i had a Wolf CPU too !!! i have read that it was partly/remotely inspired by the FF ?

Comment

I use it as a straightforward fuzz. It's got a unique vocal quality about it. I usually stack fuzz with the Keeley Wah, but the FF already sounds vocal without it.

Just curious which one did you end up getting?

Comment

I can't recommend it enough. Believe the hype. It's knocked 3 other fuzzes off my board.

which 3? do you know what year your FF is?

Comment

Timely thread. I just bought a FF off of ebay last night for $119, seems like a good deal (Vexter version, which is fine with me). I wanted a germanium fuzz, and wanted something different that would be a good complement with my Pharaoh. Can't wait to get it.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by RoboPimp
                View Post

its a nice fuzz, don't pay retail - extremely simple DIY project for any one of those "DIY" guys who sell **************** in the "DIY" thread

ya. Though it is a damn good fuzz. I made mine using AC128s and it sounds really good.

I had a wolf CPU clone on my board but took it off for the time being. The CPU is good for glitch and other stuff but the FF has a really good, heavy tone that makes it a great fuzz (I'd even say distortion pedal almost). Knobs add a lot of flavor options.
                Decolonize

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by IRG
                  View Post

Timely thread. I just bought a FF off of ebay last night for $119, seems like a good deal (Vexter version, which is fine with me). I wanted a germanium fuzz, and wanted something different that would be a good complement with my Pharaoh. Can't wait to get it.

congrats Ian - thats a good deal imo!
                  Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

Comment

Whats all this talk about Spam cans and Rocket Ships, UFOS, and Companymen?
                    O)))

Comment

had a vexter and it sounded thin and weak no matter how i tweaked it. i know it was my fault though because other people get great sounds out of them.
                      good deals with: outxthexeyes, steve_man, Cake Bakist, loomer415, Faldoe, Tupelo Son, Zemmy, duderanimous, orangesix, rhcp311, ispunk, theguitarist182, jorhay1, LSDis4me, MattTele, Raintes, hclapp219

Originally Posted by Naterel

I dunno, my glasses were dirty from slider grease thats why my vision was blurry.

pretty wife
                      soundcloud
                      facebook

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by big_cat
                        View Post

had a vexter and it sounded thin and weak no matter how i tweaked it. i know it was my fault though because other people get great sounds out of them.

What were you running it thru
                        O)))

Comment

The DBA SSDR is another pedal to look at in the 'highly interactive knobs with silicon splat and glitch' category.

If you go with a FF the hand painted are ridiculously expensive, the circuit isn't very complicated to build or have someone build for you - and you can add some features if you go this route.
                          For Sale: hcfx chat (no users)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by big_cat
                            View Post

Could have been where you had it placed in the chain. If there were any buffers before it, it can sound like total ass.

It can also sound amazing too, but it is signal dependent.

Comment

I have a red Myrold FF I picked up off the 'bay years ago for $100, huge fan, but it's by far the most finicky pedal I've ever owned. Seems like every time I step on it, it sounds different, which is part of why I love it.

Only complaint I've ever had with it is that it seems a bit thin sounding at times, so I've gotten used to running it into a Box of Rock clone I built, really beefs up the sound quite a bit. I've heard some people claim that changing out a couple capacitors will fix the thin tone problem, but I've never done so, mostly out of fear of losing what makes me like it in the first place.
                              I'm not a businessman; I'm a business, man.

Comment

This thread is only furthering my want of a Fuzz Factory. I have wanted one for some time, and like IRG said, it would be an awesome compliment to my Pharaoh. And if Christian uses it for normal fuzz sounds, it's gotta be good.
                                Good Deals: Killing Nevada, navyjones, Jwando, Small Stone, Cake Bakist, futuresailors, 23cicero, somestarrynight, richey888, jimosity, stratedge09, Raintes, JMP2203, Attuma, Floodstage

Originally Posted by Naterel

Pain is your bodies way of telling you not to cross daddy

Originally Posted by RoboPimp

yup, part of growing up is abandoning any hopes and dreams and giving up on anything that you feel passionate about or makes you happy.

then comes years of waiting for sweet death.

Comment

Working...
                                X