Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to Boost something,, Rat

Ok hear is my rig that I am very happy with, DGW IH, Fender HRDX3 and a Boss SD-1 that I love, but I need a fat distortion sound and I was thinking of getting a Rat and boosting it with my SD-1. I have heard that this is a great combination into a Hot Rod but I have no idea what it sounds like,, anyone care to chime in. I looked all over YT and nothing,,,but please don't mention other pedals,, cause I have tride them and have been less than impressed.

Durango Guitar WorksDGWShort Scale Guitars

Have you tryed the power stack by boss?

Guitars, pedals & Amps

Comment

so if you dont want to try anything else why would you not just get the two pedals you're talking about?

Both can easily be found in guitar shops. Go try it.

www.shoepedals.com

Comment

• dgo ratt
      dgo ratt commented
      Editing a comment

the closest shop is a hour away..

just wondering

Durango Guitar WorksDGWShort Scale Guitars

Comment

Hitting the Rat with something is fun. I've boosted them with Klons, pedals I build, a Dr. Scientist The Cleanness, etc. Rats just seem to play well with others, IMO
      www.blakemoreeffects.comwww.facebook.com/blakemoreeffectswww.twitter.com/blakemorepedals

Comment

You can hear an SD-1 boosting a Rat at 2:40 on this video:

Comment

• thom
          thom commented
          Editing a comment

Rats suck or rock, depending on your amp and other gear. They're cheap enough to just buy online and try out and flip if you decide it's not the right answer. Get a cheap used one, put a Ruetz switch in it, and prepare to be blown away. A stock rat can spare a little gain if you plan to stack it with another dirt pedal, so if you want to fatten up your tone, it makes sense to get back some of that low end using the Ruets mod. 

You could probably do the same -or better- job with lots of other peds, but if you know how to use a soldering iron, the Ruetz'd Rat option might be your best bang for the buck. 

I really like boosting my Mooer Black Secret (which is a cool Rat clone) with the Flex Boost which is an AC Boost clone.  It's a nice pedal for pretty cheap (even though the Marcmart deals have gone) and it doesn't take up much pedalboard space.

Steve

Great trades with Tengo, Goldie-gold, Ancient Mariner, TritoneTerror and lowbrow

Comment

Working...
      X