No announcement yet.

Moog Little Phatty vs. Arturia Mini Brute vs. Something else

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moog Little Phatty vs. Arturia Mini Brute vs. Something else

I have a Little Phatty Stage ll which sounds awesome but I have been considering something else... I dont know why... maybe because im an idiot. Kinda want a better arpeggiator... Do I sell the Little Phatty for something else or should I eat **************** and die?

I really only favor the bass sounds
    Six Acre Lake on Bandcamp

Six Acre Lake on Facebook

I have the minibrute. It's fun but different. Not the same filter as the moog. I don't know how the arpeggiators compare between the two, but the brute has a step sequencer mode in its arpeggiator.

Maybe keep the phatty and get a cp251 or a modular sequencer or something. There are plenty of ways to separate you from your cash.

Comment

I like your options SAL. You're and idiot, and eat **************** and die.

The miniB isn't polyphony right? Little Phatty is ya? Maybe money in your pocket is just wanting to be used - happens all the time.

Maybe get something else? Nothing wrong with more synths..
      Decolonize

Comment

I dont want a lot of synths. I have a midi controller and a bunch of NI (Massive, Absynth, FM8, Prophet8) I jusy want a small synth with a decent arpeggioiator that I can use live. Perhaps ill just keep the moog
        Six Acre Lake on Bandcamp

Six Acre Lake on Facebook

Comment

I say eat **************** and live.
          This sig space for rent

Good deals with: big Idiot, crowquill, DylanWilde, twanguero, big_cat, starmansam, christianatl, nd1377, gigant0r, cmog, SweetOblivion, GAS_KING, aussy, BHz_econo, light_years, WeStartToDrift, TheQuietWilds, seblo_15, loosegroove

Comment

I dont want a lot of synths. I have a midi controller and a bunch of NI (Massive, Absynth, FM8, Prophet8) I jusy want a small synth with a decent arpeggioiator that I can use live. Perhaps ill just keep the moog

Do you use the plugins/controller live or just the phatty? Maybe an external hardware arp for the phatty?
            Decolonize

Comment

I am trying to make the same decision, Moog LP vs the Minibrute for bass in a live setting.

For those of you with experience, how does the LP do with bass? All the demos I have seen have that proggy "lead bass" thing going on, but I am looking for more of a fat, bottom-type bass.

As far as the Minibrute, all the demos have that razory sounding bass... can it get smoother and less gritty as well?

Interested in the opinions of those who have either of these synths.

Thanks.
              RIG:

boss fz-2 • ehx dmm • ehx pulsar • korg dt-10 • alesis quadraverb • grendel drone commander • vox v830 distortion booster • tremulus lune • ronsound trem-o-matic • ibanez lf7

fender princeton chorus x2

fernandes native pro
              epiphone les paul signature semi-hollow

Comment

Get a Voyager Select. They got discontinued, so they're discounted while they make the last ones. Maybe a Dave Smith Mopho or Tetra.

Comment

That's like $3,000? A used Phatty can be had for around $950 and the Arturia for $500.

Get a Voyager Select. They got discontinued, so they're discounted while they make the last ones. Maybe a Dave Smith Mopho or Tetra.
                  RIG:

boss fz-2 • ehx dmm • ehx pulsar • korg dt-10 • alesis quadraverb • grendel drone commander • vox v830 distortion booster • tremulus lune • ronsound trem-o-matic • ibanez lf7

fender princeton chorus x2

fernandes native pro
                  epiphone les paul signature semi-hollow

Comment

You'd be a damn fool to sell your Moog.

Comment

price fail
                      Decolonize

Comment

mini taurus for fat bass

you can always buy an external arpeggiator, dumb-dumb

Comment

That's like $3,000? A used Phatty can be had for around $950 and the Arturia for $500.

I didn't see a price limit. Mopho starts at $399 and the Tetra is $849.

Comment

if you want the best in bass that doesnt require a set of goofy organ pedals, get a moog source. it has an arpeggiator too. it's just ok though. kind of weird. the first few seconds of this video should be enough to sway you:

Comment

I am trying to make the same decision, Moog LP vs the Minibrute for bass in a live setting.

For those of you with experience, how does the LP do with bass? All the demos I have seen have that proggy "lead bass" thing going on, but I am looking for more of a fat, bottom-type bass.

As far as the Minibrute, all the demos have that razory sounding bass... can it get smoother and less gritty as well?

Interested in the opinions of those who have either of these synths.

Thanks.

http://soundcloud.com/shoe-pedals/v-no-future

Everyone's favorite song about a schizophernic subway musician's encounter with a businessman.

The synths on this are all Slim Phatty. I like it for bass a lot. If you were only looking for bass, though, maybe the minitaur would be better.
                              www.shoepedals.com

Comment

Working...
                              X