• Show
Clear All

Nice work Al

Rock On

Comment

CLIPS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by badtoneno
        Alex- glad to hear you're back to Diezel. I alway thought the VH4 really suited you.

I've been gassing for an Einstein lately and had a quick question. When you change modes on the first channel does the amp change volume levels a lot?

I'm wondering if I'd be able to gig it easily without a lot of tweaking between songs. Some I need a good clean and others I don't.

So far, nothing has beaten the VH4 for my needs! With you saying the Einstein does the third channel- I may have to unload some gear!

Keep the VH4

The volume level between the modes IMO is perfect, but of course it really depends on your personal needs/songs. But even if you wouldn`t be able to manage that - hook a G-Major or whatever into the loop (even with all fx bypassed) and simply adjust levels there by using the loudest @ db=0 and drop down the others (to -2dB or -3dB - IMO thats more than enough).

But as I`ve said - IMO its perfect.

Comment

As Duesentrieb says......

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Flouros

i'm a happy man..can't you tell???
            the Einstein arrived about 20 mins ago...
            of course i tore everything up and plugged it in immediatelly..
            i can't begin to tell you how wonderful this amp is...
            god..i missed that screaming top end and that smooth and full of sustain tone...
            anyway..ranting..
            a full reveiw with the clips and everything will follow once i get to play this a bit more...
            but by first impressions its even better than i remembered it from the Messe...

-channel 1..mode 1.. clean
            just excellent..best i've heared from a Diezel...sparkly,bright and punchy...

-channel 1..mode 2...crunch
            i'm not a really big fan of crunch channels..usually they tend to be very weak sounding to me...
            i usually get my crunch tones by lowering a heavy drive channel...
            but this one is sure a big surprize...it comes directly to the tone i would like by lowering the gain usually..and its punchy as hell..excellent...

-channel 1..mode 3..Drive
            well this is actually the trademark Diezel tone that makes him so special..
            the truth is that i remembered this a bit more soft..but as Olaf told me Pete tweaked this a bit now..and this comes to the trademark tone of the VH4's 3rd channel...and this is my dream rhythm tone...and the reason i had 2 VH4s in the past...
            huge bottom,bite, and in one word...BALLS!

-channel 2...Drive
            well this is a huge improvement for Mr Diezel..i always loved all his tones on the VH4 and especially the rhythm ones...also the solo tone of the 4th channel on the VH4...but there was something missing there IMO...and this is way close to my liking..
            the tone is slightly more compressed here..that sounds amazingly well for solos..but a little more open than the VH4s 4th channel...also more fat sounding...and thats a big difference...sustain for days..
            of course it would do modern rhythms perfectly as well...

so in overall i'm more pleased than i would expect to be...
            this amp would cover almost everything for me...
            metal tones to classic rock stuff easily...
            DO NOT make the mistake and think that because this amp is cheaper it will be a compromize toy...this is the real deal..
            and the only thing i see is improvements to the tones on all previous Diezels...
            the cost comes down only because of the less features like midi,seperate eqs,inserts etc...
            but for me this is the best Diezel yet...

one last thing i forgot to mention is the loop...
            it works and sounds amazingly well..

so take care everybody..
            i will return with clips and vids soon...
            gotta go play now...
            Alex

20 mins ?? & you'r already writing a review ???

Congratulations anyway, i hoop this Diezel rocks !! i really wants to test one of this monsters one day.
            www.anibalnet.nl

Comment

Originally posted by Friedman4ever

20 mins ?? & you'r already writing a review ???

Congratulations anyway, i hoop this Diezel rocks !! i really wants to test one of this monsters one day.

thanks..
              emmm...i wrote this about 3-4 times in this thread...anyway..here goes again..
              i played the Einstein for a whole day when i went to Germany for the Messe..plus for 2 days at Olaf's place where i was staying..(he has a prototype model)...
              Alex
              For the dictionary guys,once again...**************** OFF!!!!!! i'm Greek...

http://www.seducetheheaven.com

Comment

Must be nice!

I don't play high gain type music, but I absolutely loved the Einstein when I played it.

Congrats on the amp, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by EdgySwingsetAcid
                  Must be nice!

I don't play high gain type music, but I absolutely loved the Einstein when I played it.

Congrats on the amp, dude.

danke...
                  Alex

Comment

Alex we demand VIDEOS!!
                    Originally posted by STEEL KAGE
                    Tell me about it, the subway was so hot that my Junk was doing the Breastroke!!!

Good dealz with deftoneboy, Big Hair, maiden_fan, Si, Mr R Gecko, Jakkeh and kristo.

Comment

Congrats Alex, it`s great to hear someone sooo happy wiith their amp I havent had the oppotunity to play through a Diesel, I`m pretty much screwed as far as trying one out goes here in OZ. Sounds like a great amp from what your saying, cant wait to hear the clips.
                      Cheers
                      Brad
                      www.mccustomcabinets.com

Comment

Einsteins as well

Comment

Has anyone played the 50 watt Einstein? I'm really wondering how it compares to the 100 watter.

I know Peter isn't into the whole power tube distortion thing that much and would be curious if the 50 watter really changes the whole experience of the Diezel tone I've come to love!
                          For Sale:

2005 Gibson Historic '57 Reissue Goldtop- 2100

Epiphone Valve Junior Head- 80

Comment

Well Alex..... something new about your Einstein? about a clip or something similar

Comment

i had to go out of town guys from Friday and till now...
                              but now i'm back and getting ready to start recording..
                              Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Flouros
                                i had to go out of town guys from Friday and till now...
                                but now i'm back and getting ready to start recording..
                                Alex

Nice

Comment

Working...
                                X