help with tattoo idea please

Rear Naked

• Members

I know there are some funny dudes here so maybe you guys can make this better

I have been wanting to get a Jiu Jitsu tattoo for a while, but i want to stay away from affiliations and team logos and stuff, so i have had a hard time coming up with something cool.

Here is an idea i have right now. Its kinda tongue in cheek and fits my sense of retarded humor

I want it to say "Pull guard and armbar" in portuguese

then next to it (maybe below it?) Im thinking of having a Lion getting armbarred by a {censored}ing Zebra or something retardedly awesome like that

maybe a gorilla getting armbarred. i want a fierce predator getting armbarred by its prey kinda thing.

maybe the zebra could be saying something like " Nice! " lol

what do you think?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's up with the head in hands? Look, having a jiu jitsu oriented tattoo may be cool for about , oh, 5 minutes. One day, the dude is not gonna do jiu jitsu anymore. he's agonna be afat old middle aged dad with a daughter. That jiu jitsu tattoo will just look like ass, so much so that his kids will pay hime to have it removed out of embarrassment.

• Members

wow, just what i was looking for. I dont want the litteral...i think i want the brazilian slang

"chama pra guarda e finaliza!" is cool...

finaliza is finish or end somethuing right?

Pull guard and submit?

so "chama pra guarda" is pull guard or sit guard...thats perfect. I wat armbar to be a verb. maybe 'lock the arm?

"chama pra guarda e chave a bra

• Members

Look for one of those old pulp instruction manuals with the diagrams. I always thought one of those would make a fairly fun martial arts tattoo. Maybe you can actually find one in Portuguese
:D

bk_sc308.jpg

thast pretty cool actually.

I didnt want to get "dudes wrestling" tattooed on me...maybe my homophobic side coming out. thast why i want awesome animals LOL

• Members

What's up with the head in hands? Look, having a jiu jitsu oriented tattoo may be cool for about , oh, 5 minutes. One day, the dude is not gonna do jiu jitsu anymore. he's agonna be afat old middle aged dad with a daughter. That jiu jitsu tattoo will just look like ass, so much so that his kids will pay hime to have it removed out of embarrassment.

That tattoo will have meaning to him. It'll be a snapshot of where he was and who he was at that time in his life. Even if he has moved on from what the tattoo signifies they still have meaning.

You don't like tattoos, cool. Why post in a thread that's asking for tattoo ideas?

:facepalm:

• Members

wow, just what i was looking for. I dont want the litteral...i think i want the brazilian slang

"chama pra guarda e finaliza!" is cool...

finaliza is finish or end somethuing right?

Pull guard and submit?

so "chama pra guarda" is pull guard or sit guard...thats perfect. I wat armbar to be a verb. maybe 'lock the arm?

yes!

in a literal verb form that would be "d

• Members

That tattoo will have meaning to him. It'll be a snapshot of where he was and who he was at that time in his life. Even if he has moved on from what the tattoo signifies they still have meaning.

You don't like tattoos, cool. Why post in a thread that's asking for tattoo ideas?

:facepalm:

thats right on actually

The way I see my future now, i will definitely still be doing BJJ for a long time. I want to teach it and compete internationally.

if it doesnt turn out that way, Ill just have a reminder of this thing that i loved so much, and all the great friends i have made through it, and great memories. I moved all the way to New York from texas to train at a fucnig BJJ gym for christs sake lol

• Members

ok if i dont want literal stuff....i use Finaliza. If want specifically armbar though...finaliza sounds like it just means finish the fight from guard. What would be "call to the guard and finish by armbar (or just call to guard and armbar)"

i always hear them yelling PASSA or PASSAR!!! {censored}in yelling brazilians...lol

also...Monto or something means Mount lol i dont know

I believe when you apply an armbar you're intending to finish the fight quickly, then that's why they say that :lol:

yeah.. passa is the imperative form for the verb passar (to pass)

the imperative to montar is monta

monto would be "I mount"

my friend is saying that mounting or montada is when you sit on the opponents belly and stabilize (4 points in a competition)

• Members

I believe when you apply an armbar you're intending to finish the fight quickly, then that's why they say that
:lol:

Lol well yeah...but there are lots of ways to finish from guard.

I want specifically pull guard and armbar becuase its so stereotypically "jiu jitsu" that its funny:lol:

also its funny becuase im one of the "guard flopper" or "butt scooters" in the gym lol

maybe i could tattoo a silouette of a dude in butt scoot position lol

how do you say butt scoot?

• Members

thats right on actually

The way I see my future now, i will definitely still be doing BJJ for a long time. I want to teach it and compete internationally.

if it doesnt turn out that way, Ill just have a reminder of this thing that i loved so much, and all the great friends i have made through it, and great memories. I moved all the way to New York from texas to train at a fucnig BJJ gym for christs sake lol

I applaud and admire your commitment.

Do what makes you happy and enjoy what life puts in front of you. Try to do what you can to prepare for the future, because you never know what might happen (injuries in and out of the gym have ended careers before and will continue to do so), but don't so bogged down over it that you compromise your main goals.

Best of luck to you.

• Members

I applaud and admire your commitment.

Do what makes you happy and enjoy what life puts in front of you. Try to do what you can to prepare for the future, because you never know what might happen (injuries in and out of the gym have ended careers before and will continue to do so), but don't so bogged down over it that you compromise your main goals.

Best of luck to you.

right on

Who knows...maybe Ill get my legs crushed at the knees by a steamroller.

Im a college crad, and Im trying to get a career going. its hard right now though...{censored}

• Members

Here's some advice - Don't get one. Tattoos are so corny and cliche now, they look completely idiotic, PLUS, as you get older, any tattoo you get now will just be ridiculous.

:thu:

When I was a youngun, long hair, platform shoes and bell bottoms were trendy. Thank God they weren't permanent because they look pretty damn goofy now. Fashions and styles change. Right now, tattoos are trendy (no idea why). Sooner or later they won't be and you'll be stuck with a goofy looking gorilla etched into your body. As somebody a bit older, trust me when I say things that seem like a good idea when you're young seem pretty stupid looking back.

• Members

:thu:

When I was a youngun, long hair, platform shoes and bell bottoms were trendy. Thank God they weren't permanent because they look pretty damn goofy now. Fashions and styles change. Right now, tattoos are trendy (no idea why). Sooner or later they won't be and you'll be stuck with a goofy looking gorilla etched into your body. As somebody a bit older, trust me when I say things that seem like a good idea when you're young seem pretty stupid looking back.

If I wanted a tattoo becuase it was trendy id have some already. This isnt just for {censored}s. Maybe you dont get it:idk: When im 60 Ill look kinda funny with a zebra breaking a lions arm...I dont care. It represents something more than a fucing Zebra dude. It will be a reminder of a huge part of my life. Hopefully it will represent so much more than it does now. Hopefully

• Members

If I wanted a tattoo becuase it was trendy id have some already. This isnt just for {censored}s. Maybe you dont get it:idk: When im 60 Ill look kinda funny with a zebra breaking a lions arm...I dont care. It represents something more than a fucing Zebra dude. It will be a reminder of a huge part of my life. Hopefully it will represent so much more than it does now. Hopefully

I don't want to get in a pissing match here, but I think it's you that doesn't get it. You're young (I assume) and don't yet have the experience to know that things that seem like a good idea when you're 20 can seem really stupid when you're 40. It's a shame to do something so permanent that you may regret later. If Jiu Jitsu's really important to you, get some nice art work you can hang on your wall. You can easily take it down if your tastes change. If I tattooed things on my body that were important to me when I was 20, I'd be embarrassed to go outside now.

Archived