help with tattoo idea please

Rear Naked

• Members

I don't want to get in a pissing match here, but I think it's you that doesn't get it. You're young (I assume) and don't yet have the experience to know that things that seem like a good idea when you're 20 can seem really stupid when you're 40. It's a shame to do something so permanent that you may regret later. If Jiu Jitsu's really important to you, get some nice art work you can hang on your wall. You can easily take it down if your tastes change. If I tattooed things on my body that were important to me when I was 20, I'd be embarrassed to go outside now.

I have already explained why it woulndt matter if i quit doing jiu jitsu in a few years. This is just not something i can really regret.

Do you guys try to talk people out of getting a childs name tattooed on them because teh child might turn out to be a piece of {censored}? fock.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have already explained why it woulndt matter if i quit doing jiu jitsu in a few years. This is just not something i can really regret.

Do you guys try to talk people out of getting a childs name tattooed on them because teh child might turn out to be a piece of {censored}? fock.

You asked "what do you think?".

• Members

Lol well yeah...but there are lots of ways to finish from guard.

I want specifically pull guard and armbar becuase its so stereotypically "jiu jitsu" that its funny:lol:

also its funny becuase im one of the "guard flopper" or "butt scooters" in the gym lol

maybe i could tattoo a silouette of a dude in butt scoot position lol

how do you say butt scoot?

but "finaliza" is a jiu jitsu/vale tudo term here, not general fighting

that's usually used for that specific move

I don't know what guard flopper or butt scooper means, but if there's something to do with guard passing, then it's what we call "passador"

for pull guarders, it's "guardeiro"

• Members

but "finaliza" is a jiu jitsu/vale tudo term here, not general fighting

that's usually used for that specific move

I don't know what guard flopper or butt scooper means, but if there's something to do with guard passing, then it's what we call "passador"

for pull guarders, it's "guardeiro"

Ooooh. OK finaliza = armbar?

sweet. Thanks a ton.

"chama pra guarda e finaliza!"

HAH! perfect

oh i just found this

http://thefightworkspodcast.com/2008/01/18/bjj-vocabulary-in-portuguese-and-english/

armeloque: armlock / armbar hmm

• Members

Yeah, you're right. The OP asked about ideas for a tattoo, not whether he should get one. Having said that, you are correct - I think tattoos are bull****. The thought of injecting your body with ink for any reason (especially for a reason that seems important when you are young or in a phase of your life) is just assinine. Nowadays, they all just look stupid, like people trying to get attention in world that rarely grants any. I suppose I understand folks wanting to make some sort of statement, but tats are permanent. They the ultimate in trailer trash sentiment whether they're on guys or chicks. Look at Tommy Lee and ll the rest of the tatted up metalheads and everyone else....he looks like a trashed out has been, and he'll look worse when he's 60. He's probably forgotten what most of his tats mean.

• Members

Yeah, you're right. The OP asked about ideas for a tattoo, not whether he should get one. Having said that, you are correct - I think tattoos are bull****. The thought of injecting your body with ink for any reason (especially for a reason that seems important when you are young or in a phase of your life) is just assinine. Nowadays, they all just look stupid, like people trying to get attention in world that rarely grants any. I suppose I understand folks wanting to make some sort of statement, but tats are permanent. They the ultimate in trailer trash sentiment whether they're on guys or chicks. Look at Tommy Lee and ll the rest of the tatted up metalheads and everyone else....he looks like a trashed out has been, and he'll look worse when he's 60. He's probably forgotten what most of his tats mean.

ok

• Members

I don't want to get in a pissing match here, but I think it's you that doesn't get it. You're young (I assume) and don't yet have the experience to know that things that seem like a good idea when you're 20 can seem really stupid when you're 40. It's a shame to do something so permanent that you may regret later. If Jiu Jitsu's really important to you, get some nice art work you can hang on your wall. You can easily take it down if your tastes change. If I tattooed things on my body that were important to me when I was 20, I'd be embarrassed to go outside now.

Nothing cooler than an old guy with some ink. Especially the grizzled old fighter types - they usually have great stories to tell because their lives haven't been safe and boring. You're talking about wall hangings - the kid moved to NY to study fighting. I wouldn't be surprised if he was still living out of a duffel bag - what the hell is he going to do with wall art?

Go have a glass of warm milk and take a nap... :poke:

• Members

That tattoo will have meaning to
him
. It'll be a snapshot of where he was and who he was at that time in his life. Even if he has moved on from what the tattoo signifies they still have meaning.

You don't like tattoos, cool. Why post in a thread that's asking for tattoo ideas?

:facepalm:

Because he's a cocksucker? :confused:

• Members

Ooooh. OK finaliza = armbar?

sweet. Thanks a ton.

"chama pra guarda e finaliza!"

HAH! perfect

oh i just found this

armeloque: armlock / armbar hmm

finalization = neutralizing an opponent by using an unscapable lock

that's usually an armbar

the move itself is called "armlock" like in english or "chave de bra

• Members

Nothing cooler than an old guy with some ink. Especially the grizzled old fighter types - they usually have great stories to tell because their lives haven't been safe and boring. You're talking about wall hangings - the kid moved to NY to study fighting. I wouldn't be surprised if he was still living out of a duffel bag - what the hell is he going to do with wall art?

thanks homie

Even if i go nowhere else with jiu jitsu, i can still look at the tat and say..."remember when you moved across the country without a job to train with a living legend? that was cool...."

• Members

I agree to a point with the old vets or whatever who got theirs before it became a fashion statement among the confused. Now that 200 pound mini-van driving hockey moms have butterflies on their ankles, and every eighteen year old female has some kind of picture on her lower back, having a tattoo just doesn't have the same connotations is used to - kind of like the doctors and lawyers who go out and buy Harleys. You just can't help but look like a poser any more.

• Members

i think the idea you're going for could work, you'd just have to find the right artist to pull it off

i'm getting some ink done tomorrow night
:D

yeah definitely. i will shop around for an excellent artist. Im sure there are some here. I want like kinda stylished type of thing. Not like a real looking lion like some dudes get becuase they represent "strength" or some crap lol

what are you getting?

dont tell me a lion, or a wolf howling at the moon please :thu:

Archived