help with tattoo idea please

Rear Naked

• Members

I agree to a point with the old vets or whatever who got theirs before it became a fashion statement among the confused. Now that 200 pound mini-van driving hockey moms have butterflies on their ankles, and every eighteen year old female has some kind of picture on her lower back, having a tattoo just doesn't have the same connotations is used to - kind of like the doctors and lawyers who go out and buy Harleys. You just can't help but look like a poser any more.

Seriously - the vibe you're giving off is of an embittered older guy who thinks that anything that happened after he was 22 years old is derivative and valueless. Maybe that's being too harsh but it's starting to come through pretty strong and I wonder if you even realize it.

I'll acknowledge that lots of ridiculous people have gotten bad tattoos and maybe they regret ever getting one, but for many people it's not the disposable McFashion accessory of the week.

And, come to think of it, if a 200 lb mini-van driving hockey mom thinks that a butterfly on her ankle makes her feel more attractive, how exactly does that devalue her as a person?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And, come to think of it, if a 200 lb mini-van driving hockey mom thinks that a butterfly on her ankle makes her feel more attractive, how exactly does that devalue her as a person?

+1 and furthermore, who gives a {censored} about some total stranger getting a tat? Mind your own {censored}ing business.

• Members

Seriously - the vibe you're giving off is of an embittered older guy who thinks that anything that happened after
he
was 22 years old is derivative and valueless. Maybe that's being too harsh but it's starting to come through pretty strong and I wonder if you even realize it.

I'll acknowledge that lots of ridiculous people have gotten bad tattoos and maybe they regret ever getting one, but for many people it's not the disposable McFashion accessory of the week.

Don't care what vibe I give off.

The hockey mom may feel better about herself, but she still looks ridiculous, IMHO of course.

• Members

mmm, not the best choice of words. Submit in english, and I'm pretty sure most languages, is a tricky verb. Without another noun it leaves a bit to the imagination when pulling guard is thrown own there.

well i dont want that...

i want pull guard and armbar

Jiu Jitsu has made "submit" into a weird verb

• Members

Well for one, it assures that we never look north of butterfly because her (k)ankles are now the prettiest spot. So it devalues the rest of her. It's all about relative value.

Fake tits OTOH make for great relative value.

Archived