Clear All

whoa sounds good. I'm really liking it.
    SPAM
    WANT
    Boss TR2
    EHX Holy Grail
    Sennheiser e602

fs/ft:nothing right now
    Good deals with: PumpkinPieces, (((echo))), Jbrazz, Used666, Exdeath, Zoidberg, Scram_chops, monolith9000, miggy01, deaner33, MakuseruSukotto, makingbeds, JC-TONEQUEST, Yavin, tsunamijesus, rinkrat6821, rdm, ajboy238, matze, JMR, needleTOink, frankiej

Comment

I just read the combo is different from the head? Why does the combo have more controls?

The 5212RC has more controls because it has separate EQs for the clean and crunch channels, and a reverb knob, which the heads don't have.. The 100H and 50H have a shared EQ..

Comment

bogus. I wish it was the same setup but the lead and clean channels. Oh well if I get a 50 watter I'll just deal with it.
        http://www.guitarampboard.com/index.php

Comment

hmmm I just tried a set of Mesa ELs on my JCA100H (not the DM model) and I didn't like the results, the amp became excessively bright, lost tightness on the low end and the distortion sounded too raw for my taste. Honestly, it sounded like the amp did not take them well (that was done without rewiring the sockets).
          Also I only played it for a couple of minutes and the tubes got really hot really fast.

Maybe the DM sockets are wired so we can work with both tube types but on the regular one, I don't recommend doing it without actually modding the amp.
          http://www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

Maybe a dumb question, but does the 20 watter sound anything like that?

Comment

hmmm I just tried a set of Mesa ELs on my JCA100H (not the DM model) and I didn't like the results, the amp became excessively bright, lost tightness on the low end and the distortion sounded too raw for my taste. Honestly, it sounded like the amp did not take them well (that was done without rewiring the sockets).
              Also I only played it for a couple of minutes and the tubes got really hot really fast.

Maybe the DM sockets are wired so we can work with both tube types but on the regular one, I don't recommend doing it without actually modding the amp.

The bias may need tweaking. I'd say a warmer bias would fix the brightness.

you may be right though.. the HDM could be totally different in these regards with the tubes/wiring/sockets.
              Guitars
              Tokai LS150 - Sheptone Bryan Kahaek Signature pickups - Mystic Dream MM JP6 - G&L Comanche

Amps - Cabs
              Splawn "MUFASA" Nitro - Mako MAK4 Preamp - Jet City 100H w/JJ KT66's, 22H & Pico Valve - Whitebox Engineering 2x12, PortCity OS212 - Splawn 4X12

Kemper Profiling Amp - u mad?

Visit my music page

Watch my amp demo videos on Youtube

Member of the Jet Setters

Comment

Wow Drew, awesome playing and tone.
                EL34's all the way baby!

MYSPACE

MY RECORDINGS

PETERS AMPS OWNERS CLUB

To purchase my CD's in digital or CD format go here:
                http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/Firejack

Comment

Sounds great Drew. I look forward to your thoughts on the SED's but those Ruby's don't sound too shabby.
                  Needs Tubes or strings: www.valvequeen.com
                  Authorized dealer of SED, GOLD LION, RUBY, TUNG SOL, JJ, SOVTEK, SVETLANA, DR, SIT...My band: www.foolscrown.com
                  Youtube: www.youtube.com/FCGUITARFacebook: www.facebook.com/valvequeen Tube questions: info at valvequeen dot com

Comment

Holy badass toanz, Batman!!!

DUDE, best JCA clips I've heard yet, that ****************er SCREAMS with teh ELs!!!

OK, this might just put me over the top, DO ****************ING WANT!

That was the HDM head, right?
                    Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like pussy then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like pussy.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

Marked and marked
                      http://www.guitarampboard.com we have gone there, please follow!!!Rememberhttp://www.guitarampboard.comYes that's righthttp://www.guitarampboard.com^_^ http://www.guitarampboard.com ^_^

Comment

Bump for video now in the original post. Cleans couldn't get totally clean due to the sheer volume I was playing at. The vent above me had dust rattling out ahhaha!
                        Guitars
                        Tokai LS150 - Sheptone Bryan Kahaek Signature pickups - Mystic Dream MM JP6 - G&L Comanche

Amps - Cabs
                        Splawn "MUFASA" Nitro - Mako MAK4 Preamp - Jet City 100H w/JJ KT66's, 22H & Pico Valve - Whitebox Engineering 2x12, PortCity OS212 - Splawn 4X12

Kemper Profiling Amp - u mad?

Visit my music page

Watch my amp demo videos on Youtube

Member of the Jet Setters

Comment

Maybe a dumb question, but does the 20 watter sound anything like that?

In person, I hope so. I've only played the 20 watter in person and i liked it. Havent played the 100 watter in person. IIRC, check out forumite The Eternal's JCA20h clips. the tones he gets are some of the best i've heard anywhere.

Comment

Sounds good man

There is/was a JCA 50 watter at a local store; I need to bounce in there and jam on it one of these days.
                            Originally Posted by Rampage

**************** cleans, play distortion?

Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike

Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----

Guitars:
                            Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez

Amps/Cabs
                            Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

FX
                            ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

Comment

I would guess going from 6L6's to EL34's would result in a cold bias. That's how it is with my Peters anyway.
                              Rivera K-Tre
                              Randall T2

Carvin, Gibson, ESP

Good deals with: Shredtilurded, Juggernaut, Guillatool1( x2 ), MatrixClaw, CRANK,Clonexx, Chris the Asian, Slav123, lfrz93, ldonnell89, Khoifish321, bankboy, JJPSGAK, DTorg, jdr94, Yo_Squig, coolblues309, samthinguy, MorgMetal666, Uberthrall, Duke318, Harris, Katana, mctallica1, JerEvil, GuidanceofSin, phreddy, O'Rourke, Toshiro, the4thlast1, aywilson, shask, NeoAngelo, TomCray, scottcrud,sdgails, GibsonVMan, 100 watt

Comment

Holy ****************, FRPC!

That sounded epic as hell. The 34's are definitely an improvement. The amp seems to have more presence, bite and clarity but not harshness.

EDIT:

Seriously, man. You know how to make an amp sound good. I am more than impressed.
                                ORANGE AMPS
                                Good Deals

Winner "Best Multi-Amp Rig" 2012 BOTR

Originally Posted by Sex Panther

I never called myself "Love Panther" or "Commitment Panther".

Formerly known as Dolflundgren

Comment

Working...
                                X