X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of Food

Has anyone seen this movie on Hulu? Scary ass ****************. I didn't sleep so good last night thinking about this stuff. I watched Hellraiser 2 the night before and slept just fine.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/67878/the-future-of-food

synopsis?
    ***Click Here to Help Feed Rescued Animals, it Only Takes a Single Click and is Free!***
    Spammidiman anniversary edition 2x2 - $50 shipped
    carvin dcm 1500 power amp - $150 shipped

Comment

Meh, I've seen stuff like this before. I'm not worried about it. I think that things are going to eventually come full circle as people become more and more conscious about what they eat.

I think that people have a responsibility to watch what they eat and make smart decisions and assume that if it's not organic or all natural or what not, then they run the risk of who knows what being in the food.

shopping at places like whole foods and avoiding fast food joints are easy ways to not have to deal with these type issues.
      Guitars
      Tokai LS150 - Sheptone Bryan Kahaek Signature pickups - Mystic Dream MM JP6 - G&L Comanche

Amps - Cabs
      Splawn "MUFASA" Nitro - Mako MAK4 Preamp - Jet City 100H w/JJ KT66's, 22H & Pico Valve - Whitebox Engineering 2x12, PortCity OS212 - Splawn 4X12

Kemper Profiling Amp - u mad?

Visit my music page

Watch my amp demo videos on Youtube

Member of the Jet Setters

Comment

Watching Now.
        '12 Carvin DC800
        '08 Loomis FR EMG 707's
        ---
        Splawn Quickrod EL34's (Purple)
        AxeFX Ultra
        ART SLA-2

http://www.youtube.com/aconstantbattle
        ---
        Super Sexy Splawn Society

Comment

Meh, I've seen stuff like this before. I'm not worried about it. I think that things are going to eventually come full circle as people become more and more conscious about what they eat.

I think that people have a responsibility to watch what they eat and make smart decisions and assume that if it's not organic or all natural or what not, then they run the risk of who knows what being in the food.

shopping at places like whole foods and avoiding fast food joints are easy ways to not have to deal with these type issues.

Does not compute.

Organic doesn't mean safe by ANY means. Some scientists believe that organically grown foods may be more harmful mostly do to not being bacteria resistant
          There is no order in the world, save what death has put there.

Billows
          Fender::Matamp::Acoustic

Comment

Ahh Monsanto. FUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK YOOOOUUUU monstanto.
            '12 Carvin DC800
            '08 Loomis FR EMG 707's
            ---
            AxeFX Ultra
            ART SLA-2

---

Comment

Does not compute.

Organic doesn't mean safe by ANY means. Some scientists believe that organically grown foods may be more harmful mostly do to not being bacteria resistant

sorry man but are you saying that the au natural version of food is MORE dangerous than the GMO version?
              '12 Carvin DC800
              '08 Loomis FR EMG 707's
              ---
              AxeFX Ultra
              ART SLA-2

---

Comment

sorry man but are you saying that the au natural version of food is MORE dangerous than the GMO version?

Yeah. Not a really hard concept.

Billows

Comment

The "All Natural" fallacy rears its ugly head.
                  "You won't like me when I'm angry because I back up my rage with facts and documented sources" ~ The Credible Hulk

Comment

Yeah. Not a really hard concept.

I can understand the words. I don't understand your logic.
                    '12 Carvin DC800
                    '08 Loomis FR EMG 707's
                    ---
                    AxeFX Ultra
                    ART SLA-2

---

Comment

synopsis?

A lot was covered. Major points, a handful of companies including Monsanto, Dow, Dupont, Syngenta, Archer-Daniels Midland, and Con-Agra are patenting all the species of edible plant and seed in every country they can. They are suing farmers to force them to pay to use their seeds rather than reusing old seed from crop. They are adding weird things into the genetics that haven't been tested and nobody knows the side effects. They put a suicide gene in crops so seed has to be purchased. They put test fields all over the country and nobody knows where they all are, so there is a very good chance they will cross-contaminate. There is no labeling required in this country, so nobody knows what they're eating and whether that is to blame for health effects. The total number of companies selling seeds is now four, and the species of potatoes, corn, and apples have gone from thousands a hundred years ago, to less than 10 today.

Comment

I can understand the words. I don't understand your logic.

Logic? There's no logic involved, I'm simply repeating what I've heard from top scientists as the USDA where my brother works.

They say that organically grown food is not as safe as you think and in some instances can be more dangerous and harmful compared to "processed" food.

Billows

Comment

Since the USDA hasn't bothered to test the effects of GE and GM food, how would they know? You can thank Dan Quayle for that one.

Comment

Logic? There's no logic involved, I'm simply repeating what I've heard from top scientists as the USDA where my brother works.

They say that organically grown food is not as safe as you think and in some instances can be more dangerous and harmful compared to "processed" food.

You really should think about this a little more.
                            '12 Carvin DC800
                            '08 Loomis FR EMG 707's
                            ---
                            AxeFX Ultra
                            ART SLA-2

---

Comment

Since the USDA hasn't bothered to test the effects of GE and GM food, how would they know? You can thank Dan Quayle for that one.

Yeah you're absolutely right, I mean the project my brother is working on doesn't involve any of that

Billows

Comment

Working...
                              X