Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled chicken breast always too dry. What do differnt?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grilled chicken breast always too dry. What do differnt?

I can cook a steak med.rare and juicy on the same gas grill. Chicken thighs and wings always come out good too but, I can't get boneless chicken breast right. Too dry. Any one have any good tips?
    Marshall JCM800 2204
    Marshall Lead 100 Mosfet
    Laney AOR ProTube 50

Buy Perdue brand chicken. It's always juicy and tender.
    Originally Posted by isvoid

I approve of this thread. Marshallmel ur a ****************ing legend.

Originally Posted by Sheik_Yerbouti

If that's your mom, I wanna do my one-stick rendition of "Moby Dick" on her fun bags.

Originally Posted by Pepi

This thread makes me want to suck a big fat cock

Originally Posted by BerkleeBill

Rick Santorum: a frothy mixture of ****************ing stupid and bat**************** crazy that is sometimes the byproduct of being a Republican.

Comment

eat ****************in steak like a boss?
      Gibson Ibanez Diezel / Fender / Dan Hall

Originally Posted by Sixtonoize

This.

I couldn't have said it better.

Originally Posted by K-Bizzle

Yeah I'm with Abstract here...

Originally Posted by Bob Savage

I like your style, and attention to reason.

Originally Posted by TornadoOfSouls

Just don't buy it from Dewy / Musicians Friend.

Originally Posted by justcrash

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

Great deals with: MHenson, Honkridge, Ledvedder, Rik-Guitarstudi, ***1776***, shane159, chriscnb, LA-Ü-RA, LoopQuantum, exafro, Silvervox325, EdgeOfDarkness, Ricky Bobby, Valtiel, Fretless, 100 watt...

Comment

Dont cook it as long. Only flip once, and dont cut or poke holes in it.
        http://www.youtube.com/user/primeholy

Originally Posted by decode6

Way to go primeholy, you've just killed Independent George.

Originally Posted by Arpanoid

I was meditating on the finer things of life and then I realized that PrimeHoly is the god of this forum. For real. no troll.

Originally Posted by eudaimonia02912

Just think: There must be thread ideas that pop in Charveldan's head, but which, after some thought, he rejects and decides not to post. Imagine how bizarre those ideas must be, if they don't even meet Charveldan's standards.

Comment

Don't cook it so long?

Comment

Sear it first.

Or brush on a little olive oil.
            Originally Posted by guitarslinger

I can't help but think of dildos.

Comment

Dont cook it as long. Only flip once, and dont cut or poke holes in it.

this. use high heat and let the meat get close to room temp before you cook
              late 70's gibson sg custom
              2006 gibson sg standard
              1985 gibson explorer
              mesa mark III blue
              peavey bravo 112
              red bear mk60

Comment

buy this

:?)

Comment

We have this metal pan with a lid and remove them when they are just about done and then let them sit for 10 min in that pan before serving. I suppose any covered container would work.

Comment

As we all know, Chicken breasts are the driest portion og the bird, so the first thingto do, might be to use some other cuts of chicken. Your other choice would be to cook them in a cover pot with seasonings and BBQ Sauce on the stove.

If that won't work, switch to Tri-tip,
                    Mymindsok

For Sale/Trade: Brand New Butler Tube Driver! (http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...-SALE-OR-TRADE! )

You know, a long time ago, crazy meant somethin. Now-a-days.... Hell, everybodys crazy!

Comment

just don't cook it so long. i buy my chicken breasts at walmart and don't have this problem.
                      the world is one big fist fight.

Originally Posted by duncan

I wonder what a persons life must be like if they're so easily affected by my posting on an Internet forum.

Originally Posted by Rear Naked

I saw 2 guys do it, and all they did was laugh really hard and say What The **************** a few times. No deaths or near-deaths occured.

Comment

We soak/marinate our bird in buttermilk for at least an hour before grilling. Just did it last night, turned out great, nice and juicy.
                        Warmoth/Fender Strats x 4, Ibanez RG, '87 Marshall JCM 800 2210, Marshall 1960a with WGS Vet. 30's x Celestion 75's, Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12...and the rest.
                        good deals with: Further Lo, Norton666, downer01, joaocunha, charvelstrat81, Deucejanisch, LIBBY!
                        my Iron Maiden tribute band:
                        http://www.facebook.com/maidenminneapolis
                        rock cover band:
                        www.wickedsensationmn.com
                        https://www.facebook.com/wickedsensationrockband

Comment

Pan fry in oil, medium heat with a lid.
                          I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

Comment

Marinade... first.
                            Stop over cooking it... second.

I like a Badia mojo marinade mostly on mine. Google it.
                            Engl Savage 120 Jackson USA Guitars

Excellent transactions with:
                            killertone, Mizati20, thaifoo, zygoat, is350xtrm, bartmcartman, xiwiwix and many more.

"Killing is my business... and business is good..."

Comment

I can cook a steak med.rare and juicy on the same gas grill. Chicken thighs and wings always come out good too but, I can't get boneless chicken breast right. Too dry. Any one have any good tips?

Put them in foil and wrap them tight with a splash of italian dressing on them. Cook them untilo you KNOW they are done all the way through and white meat no pink. They will come out so moist that you may want to eat them just like that. they will fall apart and into strings and be succulent. But...

I still like them grilled so I take them out of the foil at this point and sear some grill marks on both sides, maybe a minute each.

Thanks some good freakin chicken.

PS- Sprinkle some Mrs. Dash on them as they come out of the foil for a nice taste
                              Remember These Daze

Comment

Working...
                              X