Lets see your combo!

timmyfirst

• Members

So in response to the other thread about amp heads, lets have one for us guys who lug around super heavy combo amps. We look down on those with "separates", we're the guys that take function over form or just cant afford to fork out loads on heads and cabs.

Come. At. Me. Bro!

vcandstrat008.jpg

vcandstrat004.jpg

• Members

That's a lovely set up.

A couple of things, how does the combo sound running a 4x12 and the internal speakers (and does it compare to the head)?

Also why are 2 of your pedals upside down
:D

Haha, thanks :D

The pedals are upside down due to the restriction of the little 6" cables from Guitar Center. To go from the Phase 90's output to the Stereo Chorus' input, the chorus pedal has to be flipped upside down so that the cable can reach. This was back when I was experimenting with running chorus and delay in front of the amp, though. Now, those are in the loop, and they're facing the proper direction :p

As for running the combo speakers in conjunction with the 4x12, it sounds really nice. The v30/65 speakers in the combo are pretty mid heavy but the low-end is kinda lacking. The 4x12 fills the bottom out a bit. And while I haven't directly compared the combo to a head, they should sound the same when going through the same external cabinet. The only time I've played a JVM 410 head was while fooling around with guitars at GC, and I never turned it up to gig volume ..... so yeah, can't confirm that :idk:

• Members

So in response to the other thread about amp heads, lets have one for us guys who lug around super heavy combo amps. We look down on those with "separates", we're the guys that take function over form or just cant afford to fork out loads on heads and cabs.

Come. At. Me. Bro!

vcandstrat008.jpg

vcandstrat004.jpg

I'm @ work so I can't post anything right now, but complete

Derek

• Members

I'm into half stacks, my first choice for an all purpose combo would be something along the lines of a Mesa Lonestar or Matchless DC30. If I were filthy rich that is.

Just got this one

IMGP1805.jpg

Planning/hoping to sell this one next week

twin.jpg