Kiss the 100 watt incandecent goodbye starting Jan. 1st.

charveldan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't understand?

100 watt phased out 2012

75 watt phased out 2013

and 40 - 60 watt bulbs phased out in 2014???

How the hell anyone gonna be able to see anything with bulbs under 40 watts? :eek:

Say goodbye to 100 watts in 2012

Posted by Stephanie Nelson on December 30, 2011.

If you prefer the brightness of incandescent bulbs over their more efficient counterparts, you better stock up on the 100-watt versions now.

The nation

• Members

The law is that 100 watt bulbs need to be 28% more efficient. It doesn't matter how they do it.

FWIW, I find the new ones ugly, but the quality of light is pretty good and they do seem to last longer and work better, especially in ceiling fans.

• Members

first, they came for the toilet tanks, but i said nothing because i wasn't a toilet tank.

then they came for the 100 watt bulbs, but i said nothing because i wasn't a 100 watt bulb.

let the mo'fukkers come after my blowdyer, brah :mad:

bros everywhere will {censored}in' riot and fistpump Congressional faces into pulp

THAT'S ONE SHOT KID :o

• Members

This doesn't bother me I hate incandescent bulbs.

I've been using the spiral-y ones for several years now.

I like not having to change lightbulbs every 2 months.

Just don't EVER touch a broken one. Hell, you're supposed to evacuate the room for X amount of time if one breaks. Those things are toxic.

I'll try and find the link to back this up, before I get ridiculed.

• Members

they need to sell warmer CFLS. Most of them are too white/harsh for my taste

Screw CFLs and the mercury in 'em.

I'm in the process of switching over my whole house to LED. If you get the ones with a 2700k color temp, they look VERY close to a regular incandescent, and only use about 1/5 the power. I put a 14W Par 30 into a recessed can yesterday, and it was brighter and warmer looking than the 65W incandescent in the next fixture over. Add to that the fact that they last anywhere from 25,000 to 50,000 hours (regular incandescents are 1,500-3,000), and don't have the warmup time issues of CFLs, and it's a no-brainer.:thu:

Archived