5153 mini = awesome!

Lord ToneKing

• Members

Just got it yesterday and jammed thru it at practice last night. I'm simply blown away by this little thing. Played it thru my Splawn 4x12 w/ smallblocks and it was just so much fun to play thru. Channel 2 is pure sexxx!!:cool:

I know csb...but I had to share

On a side note, the only thing that I didnt care for was the FX loop. My FX are barely audible compared to my 5150 and Quickrod's loop

• Members

Just got it yesterday and jammed thru it at practice last night. I'm simply blown away by this little thing. Played it thru my Splawn 4x12 w/ smallblocks and it was just so much fun to play thru. Channel 2 is pure sexxx!!
:cool:

I know csb...but I had to share

On a side note, the only thing that I didnt care for was the FX loop. My FX are barely audible compared to my 5150 and Quickrod's loop

So its really good Tom? Did you ever try the 100 watt version? I had an early one and it was not good, IMO, but I hear so much good stuff about them that I must have had a dud.

I want one of these little EVH amps now...where did you get it? It looks like Sweetwater has 12 mos same as cash which makes it almost a non-decision to buy one. Black or white? I need one like I need an STD but what the hell.

• Members
So its really good Tom? Did you ever try the 100 watt version? I had an early one and it was not good, IMO, but I hear so much good stuff about them that I must have had a dud.

I want one of these little EVH amps now...where did you get it? It looks like Sweetwater has 12 mos same as cash which makes it almost a non-decision to buy one. Black or white? I need one like I need an STD but what the hell.

Dude its pretty badass imo. I got it from a friend for a smokin deal. I can bring it up and let you check it out Tim if you'd like. Just let me know what your weekends are like

• Members

Damn it LTK ! Im gassing so bad already ! I saw where you had one coming in. I was hoping you would loathe it. I guess I better go look at Sweetwater.

Dude you will love this amp I promise. Youre a Splawn guy wanting more forgiveness and this amp has it! Blue channel is freakin awesome and the red channel can do the 5150/6505 but with a better eq and clarity

Is that your Nitro on CL?

• Members

Dude its pretty badass imo. I got it from a friend for a smokin deal. I can bring it up and let you check it out Tim if you'd like. Just let me know what your weekends are like

I'll get in touch with Johnny-boy and we can try to meet at his lair of volume...I'll bring the CCV.

• Members

Dude you will love this amp I promise. Youre a Splawn guy wanting more forgiveness and this amp has it! Blue channel is freakin awesome and the red channel can do the 5150/6505 but with a better eq and clarity

Is that your Nitro on CL?

Not my Nitro on CL but I am thinking of selling the 2008. I love the 6505+ . It seems that you find this to be definitive upgrade which just gasses me up more.

You like it through the SBs ?

• Members

Not my Nitro on CL but I am thinking of selling the 2008. I love the 6505+ . It seems that you find this to be definitive upgrade which just gasses me up more.

You like it through the SBs ?

Sounds great with sb's. I love my sb cab with any amp, just a great sounding cab. I havent tried it with my splawn 2x12 with gov/mow yet

I probably will sell my 5150 and keep this one. I cant see me ever selling my QR though. Maybe you can hook up with me and Tim and make a trip to our buddy John's house. He has Tim's old PT100 which is a treat to play thru if you havent. Bring your new Nitro and Im sure my little EVH wont get much love ;)

• Members

Sounds good LTK. Im a little put off by the volume drop between channels one and two but I wield an EB volume pedal with exquisite results on the Nitro.

And I love me some delay so if the loop is funky then that could really throw a Kramer into my NAACP meeting.

UPDATE:

The loop on this thing pretty much sucks imo. Not very transparent at all. Squashes alot of volume as well. Also. channel 3 at gig volume is very noisey...so much so I had to turn up my decimator until it was choppin' off notes :confused: Channel 3 is also quieter than channel 2 when the volume is the same as or even higher than channel 2

Still a kick ass little amp, but I need to spend more time with it. The two times Ive used it it was pretty much plug and play. Heck, I even forgot about the resonance knob on the back :o

• Members

UPDATE:

The loop on this thing pretty much sucks imo. Not very transparent at all. Squashes alot of volume as well. Also. channel 3 at gig volume is very noisey...so much so I had to turn up my decimator until it was choppin' off notes
:confused:
Channel 3 is also quieter than channel 2 when the volume is the same as or even higher than channel 2

Still a kick ass little amp, but I need to spend more time with it. The two times Ive used it it was pretty much plug and play. Heck, I even forgot about the resonance knob on the back
:o

That's odd. I haven't heard of such noise issues with it. I know I have no issues with my 100w. I mean it is a bit noisy, but no more noisy than most high gain amps and significantly quieter than my Blockletter was. I also have no issues with the loop. Maybe you got a lemon?

Archived