X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ukulele Amp - What Should I Get?

This may well get a good amount of hate, but I figured I'd ask around. I need something with a fairly subtle warm distortion to hook my semi-acoustic ukulele up to.

Any suggestions?
    I'm a sharpened flat - I'm a natural.

Originally Posted by bloodxandxrank

... If all else fails make the guitarist do it.....

^On the matter of learning harsh vocals.^

Originally Posted by wrongnote85

They wont go away, they'll just start making dubstep.

^On whether the '-core' bands will ever go away^

Marshall Major.
    Originally Posted by KCTigerChief

Rock hardness called that one

Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

But then again, it's the internet and everyone is a hunk with a 12" cock, great job, fast car, hot gf and loads money in the bank and Mila Kunis has pointy knees.

Comment

mesa strategy 400

i love hipsters
      strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

Mesa Triple Rectifier.
        Good deal (s) with: shane159

Comment

IN BEFORE 5150.
          Originally Posted by Murdoch

HCAF Y U NO TALK MAPS

Three dicks in an ass, n00b.

Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom

wtf is next? lets talk about our favorite nsync album. i love them all because i was really making strides in my dress making business at the time...

Comment

Are you gonna drop tune & do death metal on the Uke ?
            Spam: shipped to lower 48 only, MO & Cashiers check or Paypal gift no spam today shipped conusGood trans : Dominick, Bass_n_Drums, Gitfiddler, cobrahead1030, STEEL KAGE, 17 Tubes, cursed1, Moshaholic, tele0507, Dangles ct, Assumer, Yabba, Jopop, Troublehead, detunedman, tsunamijesus, Norton666, SkyHighRocks, archers6, Billcheckrules, Juggernaut.

Comment

I'm honestly thinking something like a Peavey Bandit. I know lots of dudes using those as violin amps because they clean up well and can add just a hint of drive really well if set up properly. (Transtube type prefered if you need just a touch of grit.)
              Originally Posted by Murdoch

HCAF Y U NO TALK MAPS

Three dicks in an ass, n00b.

Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom

wtf is next? lets talk about our favorite nsync album. i love them all because i was really making strides in my dress making business at the time...

Comment

It depends on how loud you want. A Peavey Bandit would work, or a Fender Champ or Pro Junior.

Comment

crate blue voodoo & 5 boss metal zones
                  Good Deals With : Facing Failure . goodhonk . benjamin801. sublimeride. River Bend. Flying Milkman. Crunchtime. MickTaylorFan. ~Abstract~

Comment

Axe-FX II
                    Guitars:
                    - ESP Original Forest GT
                    - Edwards E-LP-98LTS
                    - LTD M-1000
                    - Seagull S6

Amp:
                    - Mesa/Boogie Mark IV

Effects:
                    - Maxon OD808
                    - MXR Smart gate
                    - MXR Carbon copy
                    - TC Electronic Hall of Fame
                    - TC Electronic Polytune

Comment

You'd probably get more help from the EG forum, or maybe the AG forum. There's at least a few at EG that dick about with ukes and whatnot. Don't come to Amps if you actually want help on something; you'd have better odds of winning the lottery. If you want tits/arses/fatties, political/religious arguments, Laney cabinet pics, or threads about band dramas, you're in the right place.
                      Originally Posted by Norton666 (15/07/2009)

Give it 6 months and the Axe-Fx will be mentioned in the same sentence as the Johnson Millenium stuff.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by LordBTY
                        View Post

This may well get a good amount of hate, but I figured I'd ask around. I need something with a fairly subtle warm distortion to hook my semi-acoustic ukulele up to.

Any suggestions?

Without question I'd go with something like the Acoustasonic http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...itar-combo-amp

you could add a pedal for some overdrive. The Acoustasonic should have some amount of feedback elimination too.
                        Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

I'm a drag queen..not Jesus Christ

Originally Posted by LuckisforLosers

Don't sound like Korn.

Comment

Fortin Satan.
                          Guitars: Godin Session CB, Larrivee D-05, Ibanez RG, Hagstrom Swede
                          Amps/Cabs: Fargen Miniplex MKII, Egnater Tweaker, Fender Mustang III, Mills Afterburner 4x12

Good deals: Dimebag11, guitarslinger, ThePunisherTF, Wayne87mott, Kev324, zack, alaskaehlers, c2ply, ak37, droptrd, dboy5150, dropthisd, rbasaria, Shooto, Jon Hiller, DoubleBarrel, BabyDaddy, Edge11, bdhn, the gunslinger

"Hi, I'm Yesterday...and today I am looking for Tomorrow"- Maina

Comment

If he wants overdrive, I wouldn't put it through an "acoustic" amp. Anything that's supposed to amplify an acoustic instrument should let through a lot more high end than you'd want for putting an OD pedal in front of it. Unless you're running some pedal that has a built in "cabinet" filter option to more dramatically roll off the high end.

Also, are you talking about piezos or a mic type arrangement? Piezos generally sound pretty poor through OD, IMO. A decent mic'd signal can actually sound quite nice though. This is from guitar experience though... don't have uke experience myself.
                            Originally Posted by Norton666 (15/07/2009)

Give it 6 months and the Axe-Fx will be mentioned in the same sentence as the Johnson Millenium stuff.

Comment

This

Mesa Boogie MK III
                              Marshall DSL 50
                              JCA 20H
                              ADA MP-1

Kramer Stagemaster
                              Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus
                              Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony
                              Fender HM Strat
                              Paul Reed Smith SE Custom

Comment