Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installed the EMG Het Set into one of my Les Pauls yesterday......

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed the EMG Het Set into one of my Les Pauls yesterday......

And I dig em

They are quite a bit different from a normal EMG (81) imo . Ive always felt like EMGs make any guitar you put them in sound the same. My Les Paul still feels and sounds like my LP though. They are SUPER high output but very quiet. With the stock pups , my JCM 800 with the gain maxed wil get you into Angus lead territory. Not high gain by any means. But with the Het set , it gets pert near into old thrash territory without any kind of boost . They also seem to have a low end rolloff compared to the stock Gibson pups that were in there. When I compare it with another Les Paul , there is significantly less low end which I think contributes to the tightness of the EMGs. All in all a very cool pickup and this is coming from a guy who is the opposite of an "EMG guy" . I dont think I would want them in all of my guitars , but I think they will record very well because of the tight / low end rolloff characteristics. Just my opinion of course

I should also mention that the pots that came with the set were not long enough for my LP so I gave EMG a call and they sent out new pots right away with no questions asked. I was an EMG dealer for 5+ years and always had great experiences with them , but even as a non dealer , their customer service was top notch. MUCH better than a lot of the companies I have dealt with

----------------------------------------
    1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom- Wine Red
    1971 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
    1995 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    2010 Fender American Tele
    2011 Fender Am. Std Strat
    1984 Marshall JCM 800 2203
    1974 Marshall JMP Superlead
    Orange Rockerverb 100 MK II
    Peavey JSX
    Peavey XXX
    Line 6 Spider IV 75 (2) for the cover band
    Orange cabs
    Beer & Whiskey

I've been curious about the Het Set and the new 57/66 set. I am a big fan of EMG pickups and yes, their service is excellent. I broke the quick connect pins off my 81 a few years ago and they sent me a brand new one, even though it was long out of warranty and the damage was entirely my fault.
    http://www.guitarampboard.comLike my band on FB: http://www.facebook.com/thefew1All prices include shipping to ConUS.

Comment

I've been curious about the Het Set and the new 57/66 set. I am a big fan of EMG pickups and yes, their service is excellent. I broke the quick connect pins off my 81 a few years ago and they sent me a brand new one, even though it was long out of warranty and the damage was entirely my fault.
      http://www.guitarampboard.comLike my band on FB: http://www.facebook.com/thefew1All prices include shipping to ConUS.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ive been super curious about the het set, too....but since Ive only got 1 guitar, and it doesnt have EMGs anymore, Im not going back to them. Maybe when I get my SV-II. At any rate, dimarzio dominion is my new go to pup, as of late summer ish time. **************** is awesome. Tight like an EMG, but quieter, lower output, and clearer with less sterile tone and feel.
            Peavey ESP DiMarzio

I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!

Good Transactions

Comment

Ive been super curious about the het set, too....but since Ive only got 1 guitar, and it doesnt have EMGs anymore, Im not going back to them. Maybe when I get my SV-II. At any rate, dimarzio dominion is my new go to pup, as of late summer ish time. **************** is awesome. Tight like an EMG, but quieter, lower output, and clearer with less sterile tone and feel.
              Peavey ESP DiMarzio

Good Transactions

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRaf
                View Post

I have tried the Dominion and these Het's are significantly tighter and more articulate. They dont have the low end of the Dominion and they have a lot more output. Definitely different pickups. I dug the Dominion as well though
                Peavey JSX
                Peavey XXX
                Orange cabs
                Beer & Whiskey

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRaf
                  View Post

I have tried the Dominion and these Het's are significantly tighter and more articulate. They dont have the low end of the Dominion and they have a lot more output. Definitely different pickups. I dug the Dominion as well though
                  Peavey JSX
                  Peavey XXX
                  Orange cabs
                  Beer & Whiskey

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Norton666
                    View Post

Word. I prefer the dominion WORLDS above the 81 I had in the guitar before. I think Im getting more into the medium output pickup thing, and I definitely dig the feel and dynamics of passives more than actives. But I dunno...itd still be cool to have a guitar with actives.
                    Peavey ESP DiMarzio

Good Transactions

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Norton666
                      View Post

Word. I prefer the dominion WORLDS above the 81 I had in the guitar before. I think Im getting more into the medium output pickup thing, and I definitely dig the feel and dynamics of passives more than actives. But I dunno...itd still be cool to have a guitar with actives.
                      Peavey ESP DiMarzio

Good Transactions

Comment

What model LP is that?

Guitars:Gibson Les Paul Standard FadedFender Roadworn '72 Deluxe TelecasterKramer StrikerAmplification:Titan Custom RetrofitRandall R412CSOfficial member of the Ninja Lows club

Comment

What model LP is that?

Guitars:Gibson Les Paul Standard FadedFender Roadworn '72 Deluxe TelecasterKramer StrikerAmplification:Titan Custom RetrofitRandall R412CSOfficial member of the Ninja Lows club

Comment

What model LP is that?

Comment

What model LP is that?

Comment

Working...
                              X