Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you like those Area 61/67 pups? I am sticking a Tone Zone in mine soon but hadn't decided on the SC's yet? My favorite SC I have personally owned was the Duncan AP II's?
    1989 Gibson SG
    Eleven Rack

Comment

Do you like those Area 61/67 pups? I am sticking a Tone Zone in mine soon but hadn't decided on the SC's yet? My favorite SC I have personally owned was the Duncan AP II's?
      1989 Gibson SG
      Eleven Rack

Comment

That is seriously cool. That would look awesome on stage. I don't believe I've ever played scalloped frets.
        "Follow your instinct.... It usually takes you home."

Heads:
        Egnater Armageddon
        VHT Deliverance
        Titan Custom 100
        Baron MII 100
        Marshall JCM 800 2203KK
        VHT 100 CL
        Splawn Nitro
        Peavey 6505 & FJA 6505 & 5150 II
        Krank Krankenstein +
        Bogner Uberschall Rev Blue
        Rivera K-Tre'
        Framus Cobra & Dragon
        Ampeg VH-140c
        Engl Savage 120 & Powerball
        Mesa Dual Rectifier
        ESP Guitars

HC References
        http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=2242115

Comment

That is seriously cool. That would look awesome on stage. I don't believe I've ever played scalloped frets.
          "Follow your instinct.... It usually takes you home."

Heads:
          Egnater Armageddon
          VHT Deliverance
          Titan Custom 100
          Baron MII 100
          Marshall JCM 800 2203KK
          VHT 100 CL
          Splawn Nitro
          Peavey 6505 & FJA 6505 & 5150 II
          Krank Krankenstein +
          Bogner Uberschall Rev Blue
          Rivera K-Tre'
          Framus Cobra & Dragon
          Ampeg VH-140c
          Engl Savage 120 & Powerball
          Mesa Dual Rectifier
          ESP Guitars

HC References
          http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=2242115

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by STEEL KAGE
            View Post

The Scallops are definitely an acquired taste and while I love them, I wouldnt want to be limited to only scalloped boards. Truth be told, its all Ive playing since I put together that other scalloped strat and Ive really been in the zone playingwise.

Kage

Honestly, the only scalloped fretboard that I've ever played was one I did myself on my el cheapo first guitar, and I really didn't know what I was doing, so the scallops are extremely deep. I didn't get along well with that fretboard, but I might be fine with one that's done well.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

It's not prostitution as long as you film it.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by STEEL KAGE
              View Post

The Scallops are definitely an acquired taste and while I love them, I wouldnt want to be limited to only scalloped boards. Truth be told, its all Ive playing since I put together that other scalloped strat and Ive really been in the zone playingwise.

Kage

Honestly, the only scalloped fretboard that I've ever played was one I did myself on my el cheapo first guitar, and I really didn't know what I was doing, so the scallops are extremely deep. I didn't get along well with that fretboard, but I might be fine with one that's done well.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

It's not prostitution as long as you film it.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by twisty571
                View Post

I absolutely love them..Hands down, my favorite noiseless singles in those positions... Absolutely amazing pickups..
                My clips, check 'em out!!!
                More Clips!!!

Mint, No Velcro and in Original box, Seriously priced to move. Price reflects PayPal'd and Shipped to the lower 48( Gift would be nice, have TONS of references) No reasonable offer refused

Get it while its hot gents, it wont last at this price!!!

PigTronix Disnortion OFO-$140

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by twisty571
                  View Post

I absolutely love them..Hands down, my favorite noiseless singles in those positions... Absolutely amazing pickups..
                  More Clips!!!

Mint, No Velcro and in Original box, Seriously priced to move. Price reflects PayPal'd and Shipped to the lower 48( Gift would be nice, have TONS of references) No reasonable offer refused

Comment

Looks great dude! Is the whole board scalloped, or just the upper frets?
                    Facebook SoundCloudGood Deals with; STEELKAGE, LenDuffy, Yo_Squig, theemarkmiller and others I've forgottenSPAMDimarzio Paf Pro red- 30$ Shipped(one thread is worn)Ampeg VH140C

Comment

Looks great dude! Is the whole board scalloped, or just the upper frets?
                      Facebook SoundCloudGood Deals with; STEELKAGE, LenDuffy, Yo_Squig, theemarkmiller and others I've forgottenSPAMDimarzio Paf Pro red- 30$ Shipped(one thread is worn)Ampeg VH140C

Comment

bad ass!
                        Warmoth/Fender Strats x 4, Ibanez RG, '87 Marshall JCM 800 2210, Marshall 1960a with WGS Vet. 30's x Celestion 75's, Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12...and the rest.
                        good deals with: Further Lo, Norton666, downer01, joaocunha, charvelstrat81, Deucejanisch, LIBBY!
                        my Iron Maiden tribute band:
                        http://www.facebook.com/maidenminneapolis
                        rock cover band:
                        www.wickedsensationmn.com
                        https://www.facebook.com/wickedsensationrockband

Comment

bad ass!
                          Warmoth/Fender Strats x 4, Ibanez RG, '87 Marshall JCM 800 2210, Marshall 1960a with WGS Vet. 30's x Celestion 75's, Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12...and the rest.
                          good deals with: Further Lo, Norton666, downer01, joaocunha, charvelstrat81, Deucejanisch, LIBBY!
                          my Iron Maiden tribute band:
                          http://www.facebook.com/maidenminneapolis
                          rock cover band:
                          www.wickedsensationmn.com
                          https://www.facebook.com/wickedsensationrockband

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Phrophus
                            View Post

Like I said , It really is an acquired taste and not for everyone. Ive found that for me, the depth of the scallop doesnt mean much because your not touching the board either way. If you have a heavy fretting hand, you definitely need to readjust your technique or else youll be going sharp all over the place. For me, its almost like it gives me better control with bends and vibrato as it feels like your fingertip kind of wraps around the string giving you a better grip if you know what I mean.

BTW, kudos on the self scallop, If I had even attempted that, the neck wouldnt have been good for anything other than firewood LOL!!!
                            More Clips!!!

Comment

View Post

Like I said , It really is an acquired taste and not for everyone. Ive found that for me, the depth of the scallop doesnt mean much because your not touching the board either way. If you have a heavy fretting hand, you definitely need to readjust your technique or else youll be going sharp all over the place. For me, its almost like it gives me better control with bends and vibrato as it feels like your fingertip kind of wraps around the string giving you a better grip if you know what I mean.

BTW, kudos on the self scallop, If I had even attempted that, the neck wouldnt have been good for anything other than firewood LOL!!!
                              More Clips!!!

Comment

View Post

I thought that guitar played pretty well. I was kinda surprised how easy it was to get used to playing
                                Originally Posted by Rampage

**************** cleans, play distortion?

Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike

Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----

Guitars:
                                Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez

Amps/Cabs
                                Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

FX
                                ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

Comment

Working...
                                X