Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: This forum has been nearly unusable for 2 days now...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Yup, super slow page loads, or page time out all together.



    Way to welcome in the New Year HC



    I wish they would at least acknkowledge that there is a problem, and what they are trying to do to fix it, instead of just acting like everything is fine
    Mesa Boogie MK III
    Marshall DSL 50
    JCA 20H
    ADA MP-1

    Kramer Stagemaster
    Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus
    Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony
    Fender HM Strat
    Paul Reed Smith SE Custom

    Comment


    • #32
      MFPOMFS
      90% of it is...half mental

      1984 Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 with 1820 bottom
      1973 Ampeg VT-22
      Strat- LP Studio- Ovation- GR33 synth

      tune it or die
      and have a nice day!

      Comment


      • #33
        MFPOMFS
        90% of it is...half mental

        1984 Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 with 1820 bottom
        1973 Ampeg VT-22
        Strat- LP Studio- Ovation- GR33 synth

        tune it or die
        and have a nice day!

        Comment


        • #34
          count me in
          I want to remind you once again of grammar's importance: Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

          Comment


          • #35
            count me in
            I want to remind you once again of grammar's importance: Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

            Comment


            • #36
              I think the problem with this forum goes deeper than technical issues. The real root of the problem is poor monetization, which results in poor ROI, which results in low cash flow, which results in poor hardware and staff.



              The only way this forum is going to get better is if someone targets the root problem, and the site starts making more money. Only then will the parent company invest in upgraded hardware and software. My guess is that is never going to happen. I've considered many times over the years buying a dedicated server and basically cloning the forums. My issue is that I'm looking at about $200-$300 per month and probably no return on that for at least a year, possibly more. There's also no guarantee that a large percentage will migrate. So anyone who wants to do it is going to have to basically gamble about $3000. I'm not willing to do that now, but I may be willing to in a year or so.
              Main Rig:
              LTD EC1000
              Peavey 6505+
              Mesa/Boogie Recto 2x12 with V30's
              TC Nova System

              FOR SALE:
              Spools of Canare GS-6 - The most transparent cable I've come across. Click for details.
              M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Sound Card

              Good transactions with Digital Jams, Dimebag11, Greazygeo, ENdtime, Fagmotron 3000, thenakedarab, TheAmazingBlob, ZOMBIELAND, mike59271, LoopQuantum.

              Comment


              • #37
                I think the problem with this forum goes deeper than technical issues. The real root of the problem is poor monetization, which results in poor ROI, which results in low cash flow, which results in poor hardware and staff.



                The only way this forum is going to get better is if someone targets the root problem, and the site starts making more money. Only then will the parent company invest in upgraded hardware and software. My guess is that is never going to happen. I've considered many times over the years buying a dedicated server and basically cloning the forums. My issue is that I'm looking at about $200-$300 per month and probably no return on that for at least a year, possibly more. There's also no guarantee that a large percentage will migrate. So anyone who wants to do it is going to have to basically gamble about $3000. I'm not willing to do that now, but I may be willing to in a year or so.
                Main Rig:
                LTD EC1000
                Peavey 6505+
                Mesa/Boogie Recto 2x12 with V30's
                TC Nova System

                FOR SALE:
                Spools of Canare GS-6 - The most transparent cable I've come across. Click for details.
                M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Sound Card

                Good transactions with Digital Jams, Dimebag11, Greazygeo, ENdtime, Fagmotron 3000, thenakedarab, TheAmazingBlob, ZOMBIELAND, mike59271, LoopQuantum.

                Comment


                • #38






                  Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven
                  View Post

                  I think the problem with this forum goes deeper than technical issues. The real root of the problem is poor monetization, which results in poor ROI, which results in low cash flow, which results in poor hardware and staff.



                  The only way this forum is going to get better is if someone targets the root problem, and the site starts making more money. Only then will the parent company invest in upgraded hardware and software. My guess is that is never going to happen. I've considered many times over the years buying a dedicated server and basically cloning the forums. My issue is that I'm looking at about $200-$300 per month and probably no return on that for at least a year, possibly more. There's also no guarantee that a large percentage will migrate. So anyone who wants to do it is going to have to basically gamble about $3000. I'm not willing to do that now, but I may be willing to in a year or so.




                  I've also thought about doing the same thing....

                  but I remember when we had the debacle changing over from the last software, that this site was screwed for days at a time. A few other sites popped up, but nobody migrated, to use your term.



                  Need to find an investor.
                  I want to remind you once again of grammar's importance: Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

                  Comment


                  • #39






                    Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven
                    View Post

                    I think the problem with this forum goes deeper than technical issues. The real root of the problem is poor monetization, which results in poor ROI, which results in low cash flow, which results in poor hardware and staff.



                    The only way this forum is going to get better is if someone targets the root problem, and the site starts making more money. Only then will the parent company invest in upgraded hardware and software. My guess is that is never going to happen. I've considered many times over the years buying a dedicated server and basically cloning the forums. My issue is that I'm looking at about $200-$300 per month and probably no return on that for at least a year, possibly more. There's also no guarantee that a large percentage will migrate. So anyone who wants to do it is going to have to basically gamble about $3000. I'm not willing to do that now, but I may be willing to in a year or so.




                    I've also thought about doing the same thing....

                    but I remember when we had the debacle changing over from the last software, that this site was screwed for days at a time. A few other sites popped up, but nobody migrated, to use your term.



                    Need to find an investor.
                    I want to remind you once again of grammar's importance: Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      "Nearly unusable"... sometimes. "Totally unusable".... way more often.





                      ...and your approximation of time is off by a few years.



                      Good job Harmoby Central!













                      Honestly...this is not music... it is hatred and self loathing expressed with loudness.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        "Nearly unusable"... sometimes. "Totally unusable".... way more often.





                        ...and your approximation of time is off by a few years.



                        Good job Harmoby Central!













                        Honestly...this is not music... it is hatred and self loathing expressed with loudness.

                        Comment


                        • #42






                          Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven
                          View Post

                          I think the problem with this forum goes deeper than technical issues. The real root of the problem is poor monetization, which results in poor ROI, which results in low cash flow, which results in poor hardware and staff.




                          The problem with this theory is the fact they did the jive 2.0 debacle. A clear indicator they aren't afraid of throwing huge amounts of money at the problem. I think the real problem is the decision makers want flashy, fancy image filled **************** and THAT'S where they want to put the money. Screw putting any investment into functionality.



                          I'm still surprised they rolled back after that hose up on the forums. I'm guessing they still make something off ad revenue or they wouldn't have given a **************** that people were leaving in droves.



                          Sadly, the decision makers can likely point at that mess now any time a possible fix is mentioned and say, "but we already wasted $X on it and look what that got us!" And the spiral of fail continues.



                          The whole story seems depressingly familiar for anybody involved in IT where the people with the knowledge are prevented from steering policy and/or spending.
                          Originally Posted by Murdoch


                          HCAF Y U NO TALK MAPS

                          Three dicks in an ass, n00b.









                          Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom


                          wtf is next? lets talk about our favorite nsync album. i love them all because i was really making strides in my dress making business at the time...

                          Comment


                          • #43






                            Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven
                            View Post

                            I think the problem with this forum goes deeper than technical issues. The real root of the problem is poor monetization, which results in poor ROI, which results in low cash flow, which results in poor hardware and staff.




                            The problem with this theory is the fact they did the jive 2.0 debacle. A clear indicator they aren't afraid of throwing huge amounts of money at the problem. I think the real problem is the decision makers want flashy, fancy image filled **************** and THAT'S where they want to put the money. Screw putting any investment into functionality.



                            I'm still surprised they rolled back after that hose up on the forums. I'm guessing they still make something off ad revenue or they wouldn't have given a **************** that people were leaving in droves.



                            Sadly, the decision makers can likely point at that mess now any time a possible fix is mentioned and say, "but we already wasted $X on it and look what that got us!" And the spiral of fail continues.



                            The whole story seems depressingly familiar for anybody involved in IT where the people with the knowledge are prevented from steering policy and/or spending.
                            Originally Posted by Murdoch


                            HCAF Y U NO TALK MAPS

                            Three dicks in an ass, n00b.









                            Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom


                            wtf is next? lets talk about our favorite nsync album. i love them all because i was really making strides in my dress making business at the time...

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Weeks? Try years. Oh, there's a little bit of time where it works ok, but it never lasts long.
                              Originally Posted by James Hetfield


                              I AM THE TABLE!!



                              Guitars:
                              LTD EC256:EMG's, Tonepros, Grovers
                              Agile PS900 Blue Flame
                              Ibanez Acoustic: V300CW
                              Amps:
                              EVH 5150 III 100w
                              EVH 5150 III 4x12
                              Effects:
                              POD HD300
                              MXR 10 Band EQ

                              Good Transactions: cadfael, kev324, sahlomonic, Lucius

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Weeks? Try years. Oh, there's a little bit of time where it works ok, but it never lasts long.
                                Originally Posted by James Hetfield


                                I AM THE TABLE!!



                                Guitars:
                                LTD EC256:EMG's, Tonepros, Grovers
                                Agile PS900 Blue Flame
                                Ibanez Acoustic: V300CW
                                Amps:
                                EVH 5150 III 100w
                                EVH 5150 III 4x12
                                Effects:
                                POD HD300
                                MXR 10 Band EQ

                                Good Transactions: cadfael, kev324, sahlomonic, Lucius

                                Comment



                                Working...
                                X