Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jca50H / 100h/ 22h mod thread and owners club

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the clean/crunch switch . . .

Is it possible to make that footswitchable? If it requires an additional pedal (like you can do on the HT-100), then I'd be very interested in that. Essentially turning it into a 2.5 channel amp, a la 5150 II.
    Jet City EarhartJet City JCA100H -> Avatar 2x12 -> Celestion LynchbacksPRS SE 245Sterling AX40FOR SALEBuy/sell/trade referencesMy primary band page (Seventh Day)My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)Proud member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic
      View Post

Question about the clean/crunch switch . . .

Is it possible to make that footswitchable? If it requires an additional pedal (like you can do on the HT-100), then I'd be very interested in that. Essentially turning it into a 2.5 channel amp, a la 5150 II.

More like a decatone. you'd probably have to add another relay to the circuit.

I've been researching the scoop mod and I think I got it figured out.
      Jca 50h/ 100h/ 22h Mod thread and Owners Club
      Jca20H Mod thread and owners club
      Like me on facebook
      Follow me on twitter

Comment

Tommorow I'll add the Scoop mod if I have the time.

Today I added the clean /crunch mods in ways that are easy to implement for beginners. I think the crunch mod if just done by its self is easy enough that a first time modder can do it. enjoy!

Btw guys who are using boosts what are you using?
        Like me on facebook
        Follow me on twitter

Comment

I have most of the day today to play around with them amp, I'm going to open her up in a bit and see what I can do.

I bought the parts for the scoop mod today.
          Like me on facebook
          Follow me on twitter

Comment

So today Went totally the opposite of how it was supposed to go. The only mods I got done were changing the lead channel to s.l.o spec and changing that plate resistor on the fx look return triode to a 220k. Haven't had a chance to play it to loud but damn, the amp opened up like crazy on the lead channel.
            Like me on facebook
            Follow me on twitter

Comment

Please forgive the dumb questions...

If I do the simple clean channel mod, is that just lowering the gain of the amp's 'crunch' channel, or does it affect both channels and how? What about the simple crunch channel mod?

Is the s.l.o. clean/crunch switch just a combination of the two mods? Does it allow me to return to factory config via one of the switch settings or is it one or the other only?

Regarding your impression of the s.l.o. lead channel mod, what does it do? more gain, radical tone change?

Any chance of clips for each of these at some point?

Thanks for the great work!

...and I still am looking forward to the depth control!
              Come join us at the NEW Jet City Lounge on guitarampboard.com: http://www.guitarampboard.com/forum/...php?f=5&t=1615

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by GRIMESPACE
                View Post

Please forgive the dumb questions...

If I do the simple clean channel mod, is that just lowering the gain of the amp's 'crunch' channel, or does it affect both channels and how? What about the simple crunch channel mod?

the simple clean channel mod just affects the clean channel not the lead.

View Post

Is the s.l.o. clean/crunch switch just a combination of the two mods? Does it allow me to return to factory config via one of the switch settings or is it one or the other only?

The switch allows you to switch from the simple clean mod and simple crunch, thats how the s.l.o is wired. If you want more of the vibe of the stock setting in this amp use 68k instead of 39k.

View Post

Regarding your impression of the s.l.o. lead channel mod, what does it do? more gain, radical tone change?

Any chance of clips for each of these at some point?

Thanks for the great work!

...and I still am looking forward to the depth control!

The lead channel to s.l.o specs mod makes a huge difference. the amp is a bit brighter but has more gain. it feels more alive. switching the slope resistor on r19 to 220k gives you a bit more compression in a good way.

and I'll draw up the depth wen I get the parts for it.

And yes clips will come.
                Like me on facebook
                Follow me on twitter

Comment

Does count having just the jca20h?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoferreira
                    View Post

Does count having just the jca20h?

I don't quite understand what you mean, but the 20h has it's own mod thread, link in signature. an update for the rest of you. I was going to install a couple of switches today but all I have handy is a hand drill and well it gets stuck right before perforation.
                    Like me on facebook
                    Follow me on twitter

Comment

I had to use a hand drill to make 3 switch holes in the chassis (that was fun). installed the scoop mod, the clean/crunch switch and a bright cap switch. All I can say is DAMN. The scoop mod is so good I'm considering just hardwiring it instead of having it on a switch ( it has long cable runs but it doesn't add too much noise.) The clean crunch is really effective and cleans it up a lot too but I think I'm going to change the values so that the cleans will be cleaner. As it is with the scoop mod on the clean mod it sounds like a fender on 10.
                      Like me on facebook
                      Follow me on twitter

Comment

For those of you familiar with the 22H circuit...mine seems to have too much bass driving into the power section...palm mutes tend to resonate too much making it sound muddy/flubby on the attack...aside from that, the tone is awesome...I've tried it with a few different cabs and guitars, and it's definitely in the amp...new JJ EL84 tubes, plus have rolled several preamp tubes through. Dialing the gain way back seems to help somewhat, but that's not a suitable workaround...

Any thoughts, ideas?

Comment

Can't wait to hear the clips on what you're doing. Definitely getting pumped about doing some of these mods. Was trying to find some info on the scoop mod in the 20H thread, but no luck - has this been covered before?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge11
                          View Post

I had to use a hand drill to make 3 switch holes in the chassis (that was fun). installed the scoop mod, the clean/crunch switch and a bright cap switch. All I can say is DAMN. The scoop mod is so good I'm considering just hardwiring it instead of having it on a switch ( it has long cable runs but it doesn't add too much noise.) The clean crunch is really effective and cleans it up a lot too but I think I'm going to change the values so that the cleans will be cleaner. As it is with the scoop mod on the clean mod it sounds like a fender on 10.

Come join us at the NEW Jet City Lounge on guitarampboard.com: http://www.guitarampboard.com/forum/...php?f=5&t=1615

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by netwerx1
                            View Post

For those of you familiar with the 22H circuit...mine seems to have too much bass driving into the power section...palm mutes tend to resonate too much making it sound muddy/flubby on the attack...aside from that, the tone is awesome...I've tried it with a few different cabs and guitars, and it's definitely in the amp...new JJ EL84 tubes, plus have rolled several preamp tubes through. Dialing the gain way back seems to help somewhat, but that's not a suitable workaround...

Any thoughts, ideas?

I definately do not have that issue at all with my 22h. I am running JJ el84's with sovtech 12ax7wa in V1,2,4 and a 12ax7wb in v5, a nos usa made 5751 in V3.
                            Originally Posted by chainsaw fats
                            Can I drink your piss?

Great people: d_dave_c, wbcsound.

Comment

So far my 50h has, a special "bright/dark/sparkle" switch, a clean/crunch switch and the scoop mod on/ off switch. I Think I have the parts needed for the depth mod in my spare parts bin, if not I have to wait to do it. I'm also going to add something I like to call the "red" switch.

View Post

Can't wait to hear the clips on what you're doing. Definitely getting pumped about doing some of these mods. Was trying to find some info on the scoop mod in the 20H thread, but no luck - has this been covered before?

No on the 20h I opted to do the sucker punch mod instead of the mid scoop, you could however thow them on a 3pdt switch and make it switchable like I have on the 50h.

I'll try to post some pictures up tonight along with some schematics for the scoop mod.
                              Like me on facebook
                              Follow me on twitter

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Edge11
                                View Post

So far my 50h has, a special "bright/dark/sparkle" switch, a clean/crunch switch and the scoop mod on/ off switch. I Think I have the parts needed for the depth mod in my spare parts bin, if not I have to wait to do it. I'm also going to add something I like to call the "red" switch.

No on the 20h I opted to do the sucker punch mod instead of the mid scoop, you could however thow them on a 3pdt switch and make it switchable like I have on the 50h.

I'll try to post some pictures up tonight along with some schematics for the scoop mod.

Awesome! Looking forward to it!

Comment

Working...
                                X