What Do You Drink When You Perform?

Sgt. Rock

• Members

I drink Hot* water with Honey and a 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar in it.

*Not "boiling" hot - I make 2 Thermoses of this. Sort of like a "tea" and sip it throughout the night. The honey helps coat your throat and the ACV helps cut down on mucus.

I do drink a little alcohol - usually a few 7&7's or Jim Beam and coke, but I also drink numerous bottles of room temperature water throughout the night. Since I am in the South, I drink Zephyrhills brand bottled water.

The "tea" is just to help with my throat while I am singing. And I'll ask people rather than buying me drinks to tip us instead. :)

• Members

During set-up I always seem to have a coffee coolata on hand with no whipped cream...go figure I never tought of it!

For the gig it's mostly cold water of gatorade, I try to keep drinking to a minimum, specially beer because the carbonation screws with my singing.

During a break I may have scotch on the rocks, or a shot of something. Oh and I am now part of the official "I chew gum as I sing" group!

Rod

• Members

Ha! The gum works huh?...as long as it's not catapulted into the audience! Funny, I saw this killer blues trio the other night and the singer was drinking nothing but Jack Daniels, ontop of at least 3 cigars...I'm talking churchhill's man. The dude could effing sing. I was in awe...

• Members

i like water during... i may have one drink after setting up but thats it until after the gig is over... business is business... i like to be in control of me when i'm working... afterwards i will sip on a glenlivet or maybe a good irish like jamesons... :)

• Members

PINEAPPLE JUICE PINEAPPLE JUICE PINEAPPLE JUICE!

It is a magic and amazing drink that makes 'alright' singers sound bloody great! :D

I'm sure there is no scientific evidence for this, but every singer I've recommended it to has noticed a difference! Give it a go - room temperature. Just does something wonderful to your tone.

MAGIC PINEAPPLE JUICE!

Archived