Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just downloaded and sifted through a few pages. This is definitely what I need as a starting point for some research. THANKS SL!

I'm new here and have a loose plan to report back about the lighting operation I hope to rig up for my band. Stay tuned motherufkers!

Comment

WOW - the Guide recently passed 750 downloads! I should charge for this or something...as usual, thanks to the two (2) people who have donated thus far.
      Professional Moving Light Technician and Lighting Director
      Author of the Basic Band Lighting Guide

Comment

One of those recent downloads was me. Here is an example of your genius!! A couple of pics from over the weekend.
        Check out my bands website

www.myspace.com/midlifecrisisky

Comment

Thx for the info!
          Tom's Gear:Sadowsky UV70 Sunburst Jazz, Custom Shortscale Jazz, Ampeg SVT-Classic, Ampeg SVT-210HE, Ampeg SVT-115E, and Ampeg BA-112 Combo.

PreSonus StudioLive 24.4.2; 4 JBL SRX712M; 2 JBL SRX718S; 3 Crown XTi4002 Power Amps

Comment

As the Guide rapidly approaches 1400 downloads (currently 1394!!), I'm gearing up to write Version II this summer, since many manufacturers have had complete product line turnovers, and there is just so much new stuff out there. I'll also have day job hours (holy crap) and will have time (amazing stuff, doncha know) in the evenings to work on this.

Comment

Thanks so much for putting this together.
              http://www.youtube.com/sonnetg

Comment

I downloaded your guide and it answered a LOT of my questions and solved a number of 'problems'.

A great big THANKS for sharing your expertise!

Now what I need is a guide about 'fundamentals of light placement'? Light placement 101 if you will.

I know every venue/genre is different but there are certainly some basic 'rules of thumb'?

Comment

Excellent, just the info I need to move my light presentation forward.

TW

A&H GL2800 console, BagEnd Crystals over D-18's, 12"and 15" BagEnd and EAW wedges powered and processed by QSC, Klark, BSS, Symetrix, Valley, Sabine, Peavey and BagEnd INFRA.

Comment

Yeap`~
                    what U said are useful and important~

thank you for your sharing`
                    Everyday is a new day!
                    moncler jacket | moncler outlet|cheap uggs| moncler jacken|

Comment

A big thanks from me. Exactly what I was looking for.

js

Comment

Wow just read about 3/4's of this document and I have allready trebled my knowledge. Also happy to say some of my purhaces turned out to be ok after all for my needs. I look forward to the primer on DMX next. Thank yo

Comment

Someday when I'm not working 7 days a week most of the time because one job doesn't pay enough I'll be able to finish writing the next version. It was started but never finished. Thanks for the thanks! It's good to know that people are still getting stuff out of the guide. Just remember that the product recommendations are waaaay out of date.

Comment

Thanks a lot for this guide; it shure would give me more ideas regarding my job, once again thanks, and keep the good work

Regards

Jv90

Comment

Soundlight, thank you!  This download will become a definite toilet library piece.

I scanned the first couple of pages, and - being a Geezer - I was instantly in over my head. For decades, I did lighting for film and video production, but this millennial generation DMX LED stuff is way beyond me.

My question to you or anyone would be:  just as if our band were trying to find a new drummer, where could I go to find a band lighting engineer?

I have enough to do on stage, and running lights can't be part of it!

Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks Much!! Good to know

Comment

Working...
                                X