Q for those with B XM8500 mics

• Members

Question for those with the Behringer XM8500 mics: how's the handling noise?

Our Samson R11 are sonically acceptable but are quite noisy hand held. If anyone has both, it would be nice if they could compare it.

Regards,

JC

• Members

They aren't bad at all. I have 8 in inventory, 4 that get used 3x a week. They sound good, the windscreen in stronger than a 58 and won't dent at all. I really like them and may buy another 3 or 4. 1st I need another EWI kick mick though.

• Members

They aren't bad at all. I have 8 in inventory, 4 that get used 3x a week. They sound good, the windscreen in stronger than a 58 and won't dent at all. I really like them and may buy another 3 or 4. 1st I need another EWI kick mick though.

Which style EWI kick mic?

• Members

If a speaker is going to be taking it out of a mic stand, the XM8500 is going to make a lot more racket while he's doing so than an SM-58. Don't know about the Samsons...

For normal band use you'll hardly be aware of it.

Just about the only negative in an otherwise unbelievable product for $20. But if you're looking for low handling noise for use in a quiet banquet room or auditorium, look elsewhere.

• Members

The 8500 mics are the ONLY Behringer product I own, but I must say you will not find a better sounding mic anywhere near its price range. I have not been impressed by a Samson microphone yet, but have only tried a few. I've owned the 8500s for over 3 years without a single issue. Not quite 58 sound quality, but not that far either. Most people wouldn't notice the difference between the two (in a typical live sound environment) unless you were handling it an awful lot. Handling noise has never been an issue for my uses.

Al

• Members

Who are you going to have to kill to get one of those?
:lol:

Anybody tried the EWI SM58 clone yet?

http://audiopile.net/products/Microphones/V1_MICROPHONE/V1_cutsheet.shtml

Nope, but I just ordered a couple (mainly as a new cheap talkback and something to hand to the occasional non musician MC type at festivals. If they break it, I'm not out much). Let ya know when I get a chance to check em out.

I've got a pair of the 300C's and they're really pretty decent for the $$.

Archived