availability of one space amps?

• Members

i have a three space case and i want to make it into a small powerhouse rig with a pair of sony four band parametrics and a low to mid power one space amp, just something for any small gig, grab the handle and go.

soundtec used to make the ps800 which would have been ideal but they dont anymore? powersoft makes one space amps but..i seriously dont need that much power, or have that kind of money. i used to have an sae 2050 which wouldnt have been enough power but..you get the idea. older, used, its all good, i want around 250 to 300 at four ohms per channel and it doesnt have to be bridgable.

thanks,
mike

• Members

The art sla2 is 200w @ 8 which is pretty good for monitor world. That amp and the American dj have problems with the rack ears bending from weight. If you do use that amp get some rear rack ears for Audiopile and they won't bend to hell. I have 2 arts and they work well enough but are convection cooled. I've thermalled em and they shut down at 190f!

• Members

If I had to choose between 1u amps I'd pick the EWI over any of them. Mostly because of the larger output and it's construction is beefier. I don't know if there are limiters on the EWI/Soundtech but the ART has none. But I'm not in a hurry to sell the ART's either, they work well for their app and I don't plan on changing.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by W. M. Hellinger

View Post

Well, the faceplates should appear to be slightly different (more specifically: the artwork on the faceplates should appear to be different).

You got me there! Other than the cosmetics, the amps appear to me to be pretty much the same. I use one to drive SX200 cabs and the other to drive ZX1s. Either amp works well for either cab.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived