No announcement yet.

Which PA speakers/mixer should I get for my wedding band

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monthlymixcd View Post
    Likewise, glad to hear that you've found a solution that works well for you... and it's proof-positive that RCFs are a pretty good bet when buying sight-unseen/sound-unheard. Congrats...

Most of the time. Last night I replaced my 4th, yes FOURTH, amp in my pair of 522A's. They sound great, when they work. Not RCF's best day. No wonder they were only around for a couple of years before being replaced by the 700 series and completely different amps.
    PA: JBL PRX712, PRX718XLF, RCF 745-A, 522-A, 310A, A&H Qu-16
    Lights: AMDJ Dotz TPAR, Haze Generator, Chauvet GigBAR
    www.nextexitrocks.com | wedding band | Columbus, OH | VIDEO

Comment

Originally posted by abzurd View Post

Most of the time. Last night I replaced my 4th, yes FOURTH, amp in my pair of 522A's. They sound great, when they work. Not RCF's best day. No wonder they were only around for a couple of years before being replaced by the 700 series and completely different amps.
      Fourth amp - ouch! Is it a heat problem, a quality control problem or? Sorry to hear of your trials and tribulations, but glad you shared.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaster View Post

Fourth amp - ouch! Is it a heat problem, a quality control problem or? Sorry to hear of your trials and tribulations, but glad you shared.

Design flaw of original amp mixed with corruption in the form of an employee shipping known bad parts out. RCF's initial entry into the US market wasn't without it's problems. They seem to be ironed out now, but they were a mess back in 2008-09. The amps I have in both speakers now are marked as "Rev B". It was such a mess I actually ended up with a spare so at least I had that to slap into the box. I would NEVER buy a used 500 series RCF box though, NEVER!
        PA: JBL PRX712, PRX718XLF, RCF 745-A, 522-A, 310A, A&H Qu-16
        Lights: AMDJ Dotz TPAR, Haze Generator, Chauvet GigBAR
        www.nextexitrocks.com | wedding band | Columbus, OH | VIDEO

Comment

Originally posted by Shaster View Post
          I used a Dynacord mixer (powered) for the first time last December. They seem to be well laid out, easy to use, solid mixers. Oddly enough I was using it with two EV SX300's - sounded very nice.
          That's the exact setup I had before this. The EV PSX-16000 powered mixer was manufactured by Dynacord for EV. They also sold it under the Dynacord brand. They were identical except for the manufacturer logos.

These things are built like tanks, so, for me, it was a no brainer to get the Dynacord. In 20 years or so, I never had an issue with the mixer, something I can't say about any other audio gear.

Comment

Working...
          X