No announcement yet.

1812 Overture

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1812 Overture

Just got a call from a symphony out of Nevada who want to do a performance of this great number for next years July 4th celebration. Waiting to hear back if they are using a real or recorded cannon. Glad I have plenty of subs!!

A&H GL2800 console, BagEnd Crystals over D-18's, 12"and 15" BagEnd and EAW wedges powered and processed by QSC, Klark, BSS, Symetrix, Valley, Sabine, Peavey and BagEnd INFRA.

Steep compression will be your friend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

• Pro Sound Guy
      Pro Sound Guy commented
      Editing a comment

I have a Telarc CD of the 1812 Overture and it has a warning label on it that you can damage

your loudspeakers from the cannon recording part of the CD if your not careful.

Dynamic range.

Just found out they will have a number of real cannons from a civil war re-enactment group. This should be fun.

A&H GL2800 console, BagEnd Crystals over D-18's, 12"and 15" BagEnd and EAW wedges powered and processed by QSC, Klark, BSS, Symetrix, Valley, Sabine, Peavey and BagEnd INFRA.

Comment

• Axisplayer
      Axisplayer commented
      Editing a comment

That should now start the debate over the best cannon microphone. Surely, everything needs to be mice'ed... ;-)

• RoadRanger
      RoadRanger commented
      Editing a comment

Tomm Williams wrote:
      Just found out they will have a number of real cannons from a civil war re-enactment group. This should be fun.

Cannon is a weird word in that the singular and plural are the same word (no "S" at the end).

That would of course be a shotgun mic since they're in the same family !!

Comment

• Axisplayer
      Axisplayer commented
      Editing a comment

OK, you win. That was truly funny...

Just because you will not be micing the cannon doesn't mean you don't have to worry. The bleed through the orchestra mics will be huge!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Yep they have not made the noise gate that can keep a cannon out. HPF all around for what little might be gained.

Show the metalheads a thing or two about "stage volume" lol

Comment

• Koopdaddy
        Koopdaddy commented
        Editing a comment

Tommy,

I believe there was a thread over on PSW or SF about miking canons. If you havent already you should check it out, might have some good advice for you.

I'll check it out but can't believe I'll have any need.

Comment

I can only imagine all the riderless horses running around in the middle of Gettysburg .

Comment

• RoadRanger
          RoadRanger commented
          Editing a comment

I suspect the only folks shooting from horseback were in the movies or an occasional pistol shot close up in desperation. And I hope they have something figured out as to how to syncronize the cannon with the music  .

• agedhorse
          agedhorse commented
          Editing a comment

Tomm Williams wrote:
          I can only imagine all the riderless horses running around in the middle of Gettysburg .

There certainly are at the reenactments!

Looked up a few sites concerning the plural usage of Cannon. Not much agreement, some say no "s", others say to use it, one site said it didn't matter.

Comment

• RoadRanger
          RoadRanger commented
          Editing a comment

Tomm Williams wrote:
          Looked up a few sites concerning the plural usage of Cannon. Not much agreement, some say no "s", others say to use it, one site said it didn't matter.

Ah yes - the dumbing down of America. I blame it on that Hippity Hoppity cRap music - Cannons and Mooses and Deers, oh my! 

I pretty sure they're not actually firing a projectile.

Comment

• agedhorse
          agedhorse commented
          Editing a comment

Pretty sure or damned sure?

Just got the call, we got the gig. Load them cannon or cannons or big gun things,gonna be a hoot.

Comment

Working...
        X