Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clip-on wireless for a Stradivarius ?

Well, not a fiddle but the equivalent in a jazz/blues/funk trumpet . Extra points if you can name which one I'm talking about .

But seriously, what can do justice to the tone of this fine vintage instrument?
    Last edited by RoadRanger; 09-01-2014, 09:26 PM.

"We Have Met the Enemy and He is Us" - Walt Kelly​

Marsalis family by chance?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/Fender Musical Instruments Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Install a piezo pickup.
      NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

Originally posted by agedhorse View Post
        Marsalis family by chance?
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Committee

Comment

Originally posted by StratGuy22 View Post
          Install a piezo pickup.
          <eek!>

Comment

For a clip on, I'd probably go with DPA 4099T in this case. Plug it into something like a ULXD (or better) and I think you'd have a solid setup.
            B.

Comment

We used a ATM350 on my son's mandolin. Works great but is a bit trickier to control feedback wise that the K&K soundboard piezos just inside the F-holes. Sounds great though.
              ...dave

Comment

FWIW, I use Beta 98 (the H/C version) on strings and horns, and it works well. It's a little weird to get it positioned correctly on a violin, but it's super easy on a trumpet or other horns.
                B.

Comment

ATM-35 or 350, I have 4 in my inventory for just such applications.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/Fender Musical Instruments Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Thanks all!

Comment

The best possible sound quality will be achieved by using a digital wireless system with the best mic you can afford. I like the DPA as well, but it might cost more than the wireless system.
                      Don Boomer

Comment

I've used countryman isomax omni (gently clipped or taped onto the bridge) with great results. Not the new ones but the older rectangle ones (look like a small pillow mint). DPA makes some GREAT lavs. I've never used one on a violin but I'll bet it would sound great.

Wow close mic a real Stradivarious? Almost seems like a waste :-(.
                        J.R. Previously jrble

See my Dog Of The Hair studio at: http://www.dogoth.com/studio/

Quote from someone: Flat response? Get out the jack and change the tire.
                        If you think "power is knowledge", you have it backwards.

Comment

Working...
                        X