Whats the MOST MONEY you have made solo or duo only.

fingerpicker

• Members

No Bands.

Don't count tips.

As a duo the most we made was $2,000 on a ritzy restaurant 1999 new years gig. Y2K.

We used tracks and the other fella was a killer sax player. An agent got me this gig and I made 1,000. Sax man $600 and agent $400

Never have I played such a high paying gig since.

• Members

I made nearly $500 at an out of town private party one time. I just happened to already be traveling to that area at the given time, but I built "food and lodging" into the quote.

I quoted $400, and they paid me close to $500.

Locally, I made $400 at a private party. I quoted less, but that's what they ended up paying me.

• Members

In the mid 80's I played for a wedding that was held in Heinz hall in Pittsburgh, Pennsyltucky for the heiress of the Alcoa aluminum company and one of my cousins... For 5 days I was given my own limo and driver, they put me up in a suite in the Hyatt Regency, covered all my expenses, etc... (the driver was very cool, he played drums in a local jazz ensemble and knew the best places to hang out, ;) ) At the reception, the bride walked up, thanked me for the music and started to hand me an envelope... I politely declined, asking her to please consider the music as part of my wedding gift... she smiled, thanked me again and walked back to the party. I thought to myself, "that was easy enough" until I saw her father approaching me with what appeared to be the same envelope... he shook my hand, leaned in closely and said," I know you aren't going to embarrass us both by not accepting this little token of my appreciation" I smiled and accepted it, placed it in my pocket as he walked me to the bar and ordered us both a drink... I didn't even look at the envelope until I was on my way back to the hotel... it was $1000 cash in nice crisp Ben Franklins... for 2 tunes...

• Members

for the last 3 New Years Eve parties, i've been getting $3k for 4 hours work. 1 break of 15 minutes. i'm booked 3 years ahead for NYE. i have 3 places that rotate me and are willing to pay it.

hey, it pays my property tax and 1st quarter income tax estimate :)

• Members

I once got paid $30 to play three songs. Took 9 minutes about.
:)

Um, seriously though, I've never made a lot of money as a solo artist. I always make somewhere between $100 and $300.

Haha! I had a gig playing for little kids for 3 months once a week at a local daycare/nursery school. It was called "music class" and I just played some interactive kids songs for them. The gig paid $30 for an hour but the toddlers could only pay attention for 20-30 minutes so then I would have coffee and donuts with the moms/baby sitters for the rest of the hour....:lol:

I too have never made a lot of money as a solo act but it has other perks. I am happy if I make $50 and hour.

• Members

the manager of GC gave me a brand new $2500 Martin just to immediately leave the store or stop playing

Same here, but the manager tried to catch RockStringBendr and offered him $1,000 to break all my fingers or get me to stop playing a Gibson. Then I started singing, they called a SWAT team and I was taken out in cuffs and duct tape. I didn't know there was that much duct tape in the Wetsern Hemisphere, but fortunately my years as a a Navy Ceil, I was able to hold my breath for six weeks till they dumped at the county line.

Archived