X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPad 2 Stand Holder???

Ok, fine...I ordered a 64gb iPad 2. If I want to use it on a boom stand, what are my options for keeping it protected and in place? My biggest concern is if the stand were to tip over.

I really want it to be useable on a boom stand and something that will keep it will protected and keep it from getting scratched up.

Thanks!
    Mike - vocals and harmonicaMy SiteMy Facebook

Ok, fine...I ordered a 64gb iPad 2. If I want to use it on a boom stand, what are my options for keeping it protected and in place? My biggest concern is if the stand were to tip over.

I really want it to be useable on a boom stand and something that will keep it will protected and keep it from getting scratched up.

Thanks!

Why a boom stand?
    If you don't want it scratched, either get a case for it, don't scratch it or just leave it at home.
    If you put it on a boom, you're inviting disaster unless you're willing to weight the base of your stand.
    Phil SaidIf you possess the superior intellect, then it should be no problem for you to point out the logical fallacies and other problems of their position or post without having to debase yourself by resorting to ad hominem attacks.

Comment

http://www.mountguys.com/category_s/4510.htm
      Home Page
      Myspace
      Facebook
      Fan Page
      Reverbnation
      YouTube
      Twitter
      Tunesmith Pro
      CD Baby
      Eastern PA NSAI

Comment

http://www.mountguys.com/category_s/4510.htm

Lots of choices. Which one do you recommend?
        My Band:
        http://www.stuckingearrocks.com/sig/Home.html
        Positive Transactions with:
        DarkCide, Rfaranda, Lord Megatron, Sixtonoize, Derekb, Bigmark, 35091

For Sale
        Peavey JSX Head- Great Condition - Make Offer

Comment

Lots of choices. Which one do you recommend?

This is the one I got for my Android 10.1 tablet, http://www.mountguys.com/Microphone_Stand_Mount_for_Tablets_and_iPad_p/mfx085-tab001.htm it is universal and will fit iPad or any tablet

It holds it very securely in either orientation. The spring loaded tabs have rubberized serrated jaws with tight spring action to hold the tablet tight. They give you short tabs, and long tabs so you can use with or without a case. Depending on your case thickness, you can use the short or longer tabs supplied.

The swivel/tilt mechanism locks into position by tightening a thumbscrew, and stays in the position you set. The clamp fits any part of a mic stand and will open to attach to larger items up to almost 2".

The clamp is metal, the rest is plastic, but it seems rugged, like ABS plastic.
          Home Page
          Myspace
          Facebook
          Fan Page
          Reverbnation
          YouTube
          Twitter
          Tunesmith Pro
          CD Baby
          Eastern PA NSAI

Comment

thanks mike!

poast something...

Comment

Not on the top of the boomstand...on the straight part below the boom...the iKlip seems to be a good pick, but Mike's suggestion would let me keep it in a case. Thanks!
              Mike - vocals and harmonicaMy SiteMy Facebook

Comment

This is the one I got for my Android 10.1 tablet, http://www.mountguys.com/Microphone_Stand_Mount_for_Tablets_and_iPad_p/mfx085-tab001.htm it is universal and will fit iPad or any tablet

Looks just like the one I got (different brand). It doesn't "lock" in an iPad2, but I'm keeping the ipda in a rubber case and with the case it fits pretty snug. I also added some additional weight to the mic stand I clamp it on.
                Don Boomer

Comment

I'm a little confused...I never even thought of my stand tipping. Does this often happen to you?
                  The only issue I have with the IKlip and where you want to attach it to is that it takes a little while to get used to. Its just a weird place to mount it. I've had it there for about 25 gigs and I'm actually thinking of using a 2nd stand so I can keep it off to the side.
                  Just Darrell Web Site

Comment

Not on the top of the boomstand...on the straight part below the boom...the iKlip seems to be a good pick, but Mike's suggestion would let me keep it in a case. Thanks!

Fair enough. It was Late andI read your post to mean you intended to protrude yo' pad.

My bad.....
                    Phil SaidIf you possess the superior intellect, then it should be no problem for you to point out the logical fallacies and other problems of their position or post without having to debase yourself by resorting to ad hominem attacks.

Comment

For use with my keys I've developed three alternatives. An X clip just mounted on a goose neck to the top of a standard mic stand (without boom). Just stands in front of the kb, like a music stand but less obtrusive. For my standastic kb stand I made a beracket that fits the same goose neck and x-clip to the top of one of the supports. It's very unobtrusive. and for use with an x stand I took an old 2nd tier leg (the part that bolts into tube of the x stand) and made a bracket to take the gooseneck and x-clip again. For the brackets to mount the gooseneck I usually cut up one of those mic stand adapters, this sort of thing
                      Just get a bit creative with what you want, you don't 'have' to use ready made stuff.
                      The further away I am, the better I sound....

Comment

For use with my keys I've developed three alternatives that all use an x-clip. 1. The clip just mounted on a goose neck to the top of a standard mic stand (without boom). Just stands in front of the kb, like a music stand but less obtrusive. 2. For my standastic kb stand I made a bracket that fits the same goose neck and x-clip to the top of one of the supports. It's very unobtrusive.3. For use with an x stand I took an old 2nd tier leg (the part that bolts into tube of the x stand) and made a bracket to take the gooseneck and x-clip again. For the brackets to mount the gooseneck I usually cut up one of those mic stand adapters, this sort of thing

or this

The further away I am, the better I sound....

Comment

I use the iKlip. It's a little pricey at around $42 but it works pretty well and it's rugged enough to not slip during a performance. I put mine on the mic stand portion (not the boom) and it works fine. I have decided not to use it anymore in my band, but I will probably keep using it for my eventual solo shows, where having lyrics and chords handy for multiple requests (and possibly controlling backing tracks) will keep it as a useful item for years to come.
                          (This is my Non-Signature.)

Comment

I'm a little confused...I never even thought of my stand tipping. Does this often happen to you?
                            The only issue I have with the IKlip and where you want to attach it to is that it takes a little while to get used to. Its just a weird place to mount it. I've had it there for about 25 gigs and I'm actually thinking of using a 2nd stand so I can keep it off to the side.

The added benefit of doing this, other than freedom of where you can put it, is that it won't be seen in photos blocking a portion of you while you are singing and playing.
                            (This is my Non-Signature.)

Comment

After Tim's post saying go with the iKlip, I decided to check it out. The funny part is that all the illustrations show the performer a step or two back from the microphone. It is a little awkward with your face on the microphone to be able to see the tablet, even with my mount. LOL!

Home Page
                              Myspace
                              Facebook
                              Fan Page
                              Reverbnation
                              YouTube
                              Twitter
                              Tunesmith Pro
                              CD Baby
                              Eastern PA NSAI

Comment

Working...