Acoustic Guitarists.....

jcpatte2

• Members

I use one pedalboard for acoustic and electric.

GTR --> Tuner --> Compressor --> Wah --> Gain pedal --> Gain pedal --> Delay --> Delay --> Chorus/Flanger/PitchShifter --> Amp/PA

Of course, when I'm playing acoustic I don't use the wah and gain pedals. One of my delay pedals is a specific delay while the other is a more general, I'll turn knobs in the show, kind of delay.

• Members

I actually just put together a pedalboard in the last few months. It is used for acoustic, electric and bass guitars. For my acoustic I use Boss CS-3 comp --> Boss OD-2 (light overdrive) --> Moog phaser --> Zoom A2.1u (ac. multi effects) --> tremolo --> delay. I use the chorus on my amp (Roland AC-90). The Zoom has many diiferent effects and such, however I only use the first setting which fattens up the sound of my guitar nicely.

Most of the time the Zoom is the only effects running.

• Members

on my board i have a line 6 wireless unit > fishman aura spectrum DI, > tc helicon g xt > jamman stereo looper > acoustasonic/ yamaha mixer... until i get a handle on the looper and the harmonizer, i basically run the fishman and sometimes, depending on how i feel, the wireless... still experimenting with the looper and harmonizer and until i get to the place where i dont need to think about it i probably wont use them live...

• Members

I have a TC G-Natural that I am getting ready to incorporate into the routine. Before that was just the effects in the board (reverb, delay).

I agree with Potts, this makes me a little jealous and I wish I had the cash to drop on that unit. I think it would be an all in one solution and using DMXIS Show Buddy (now w/Midi) I could program my patch changes beforehand and hopefully not be tap-dancing all night but focusing on playing and singing.

• Members

on my board i have a line 6 wireless unit > fishman aura spectrum DI, > tc helicon g xt > jamman stereo looper > acoustasonic/ yamaha mixer... until i get a handle on the looper and the harmonizer, i basically run the fishman and sometimes, depending on how i feel, the wireless... still experimenting with the looper and harmonizer and until i get to the place where i dont need to think about it i probably wont use them live...

I'm running a line 6 relay 90 wireless as well but that sucker eats AA batteries. I've also heard great things about the aura spectrum DI. I want a really natural acoustic sound coming from my Hummingbird so I might need to look into that.

• Members

I'm running a line 6 relay 90 wireless as well but that sucker eats AA batteries. I've also heard great things about the aura spectrum DI. I want a really natural acoustic sound coming from my Hummingbird so I might need to look into that.

i like the fishman... although the LR Baggs para DI is a good unit also... the fishman allows you to use "images" or reproductions of your sound as if done in a studio with different mics, different woods on the guitars, and you can dial in from straight sound of your guitar to a complete imaged sound and everything in between... there is a phase adjustment, feedback killer, (3 notches), compression etc... and it's built like a tank... go with a power supply on your wireless... all of the toys for that matter... keeps things simple and a lot less hassle than batteries...

• Members

How do you like the Vocalist 2? Do you run your guitar signal through it for harmonies or how does that work?

Yep I run the guitar through it. It works great- You can do up to 2 additional harmonies with it. I never ever do- I usually use just the the high harmony. It's cool though because it's simple and now VERY affordable. You can adjust the harmony volume, compression, reverb and "enhance". If this one were to break down I'd turn around and buy another one. I don't need all the other bells and whistles that they have now.

• Members

I think it would be an all in one solution and using DMXIS Show Buddy (now w/Midi) I could program my patch changes beforehand and hopefully not be tap-dancing all night but focusing on playing and singing.

I want to add DMXIS and lights after my summer pool bar gig. Currently I do use midi commands to control the voicelive GTX patch and harmony toggle from the track. Makes it a whole lot easier than tap dancing!

• Members

Guitar to Digitech Vocalist Live 3 to the Fishman Aura Spectrum DI to the mixer. Vocal mic to VL3 to mixer. Aux send from mixer with vocal and guitar going to Akai Head Rush looper pedal. I love the Aura -- really helps it sound like an acoustic guitar. :thu:

• Members

Nice!

I haven't tried out the new Baggs Anthem guitar at a gig yet. I'm struggling with what to think of the sound running it through the PA set up at the house. It's so different than the K&K. You get used to hearing one thing, and everything else sounds "wrong"??

Archived